Soap Fragrances/Spread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachgurl

Reaction score
Alright... I'm sooo nervous. I just signed up for my first craft show. It's been really difficult deciding what where when how, etc. The fair is Nov. 15 and I was thinking about using the following fragrances. Please let me know if this is a good spread ...

Apple Jack & Peel
Balsam & Citrus
Blueberry Cobbler
Cinnamon Bun
French Lavender
Honey L'Occitane from Flickers
Juniper & Aloe
Chocolate Delight
Rosemary/Mint
Sweet Peas & Cream

I don't want to go overboard and come home with billion soaps so I was thinking about making 11 of each bar. I talked to the guild president and she said they expect a "great turnout." I'd like to have something that interests just about everyone as far as product and fragrance .. any other suggestions are MORE THAN WELCOME

That sounds like such a great list! Wonderfully scented fragrances and good diversity! I always have a problem purchasing scents I myself may not like but others might.

This sounds like a good variety. I wouldnt go overboard either. Be prepared to answer question about your products. People want to know all about beautiful handcrafted items when they see them. Do bring plenty of business cards and expect to get alot of new customers!

I agree....sounds like a great variety. :)

You might wanna throw in some unscented soaps for the purists but otherwise it looks great!

I hadn't even thought about unscented. Good idea! Thanx for the feedback everyone, it's genuinely appreciated :)

Since it is in mid November maybe a pumpkin scent and perhaps a few Christmas-type scents.

Any suggestions for holiday type scents .. I'm not a big spice fan so I really hit a road block on this one.

Just gathered some intel on the show ... there's one other soap maker .. she does melt and pour. She doesn't have a website or a store, so we'll see. I'm also going to do some lip butters, sugar/salt scrubs; I was going to do lotions, but I don't want to spread myself thin (and it's a pain in the butt to sanitize and do the labeling). It makes me nervous since this is my first show, but I've got to spread my wings and fly ... I've wanted to do this for quite awhile now, and just finally got the guts. Game on.

beachgurl said:
I was going to do lotions, but I don't want to spread myself thin (and it's a pain in the butt to sanitize and do the labeling). It makes me nervous since this is my first show, but I've got to spread my wings and fly ... I've wanted to do this for quite awhile now, and just finally got the guts. Game on.

Go Beachgirl!!!!! Fly as high as the eagle and soar through the skies. As BlackS&CLady said, take plenty of brochures and/or cards. Then they can make subsequent orders for scents in products you may not have there. Personally, I like having the entire line in my fav scents. But it is not practical for you to take so much stuff. So, I buy the soap, and try a sample of your butter. Love the butter, have card, can order it later! :D

Digit

My men really love that earthy pine scent, like Christmas tree. That might be a good one. So many holiday scents to choose from!

craft show

just a thought, but you might cut up a few bars into smaller pieces, use a small zip-bag with a business card. with money tight these days, it would be a fragrant reminder when payday comes around.

good luck and let us know how it went.

monet

It is really difficult to pick a set number of scents. Supposedly this event is a high traffic function. I'm going to look at some video of the spring show that the guild did. It's kind of weird because we're in a bit of a bubble market compared to a lot of other places; the money is flowing pretty well in this area because of the military population and the craftshow just happens to be on payday ... I hate payday in this town, but I suppose since I'm starting a business I'll start liking it (nothing like having to wait 3 hours to get dinner on a payday if you want to go to a decent place to eat). Digit, you wouldn't believe this place. I have to get pictures for ya.

Sounds like a good mix of fragrances. I always have a hard time limiting what I take. I want to take everything, whether I have the room to display it or not, LOL. Good luck at the show!

Latest posts

Back