soap for the kitchen

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20211115_200148.jpg20211115_200201.jpg20211115_195301.jpg20211115_201842.jpg20211115_201701.jpg
I cut my latest batch. Scented with eucalyptus, spearmint, peppermint, tea tree essential oils. Used leftover red and black embeds. Am lovin' the cappuccino browny/gray from Bramble Berry. The inspiration was our kitchen. For those following my every move, you may remember 2 years ago we bought a house WITH NO KITCHEN! And then the pandemic hit and FOUR COVID REFUGEES MOVED IN! But now we are extremely blessed with a beautiful kitchen, so beautiful that I'm afraid to make soap in it.
Thanks for looking.

Great soap, and so glad your kitchen matches it (notice that the soap takes first place in that sentence... priorities, right?)

PS - no one here thinks you have any kind of problem. Because you really don't. Neither do I. We are normal, sane people. Anyone who thinks differently is the one with the problem. Right???

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Zing, post: 919738, member: 27097"... But now we are extremely blessed with a beautiful kitchen, so beautiful that I'm afraid to make soap in it...[/QUOTE]
This reminds me of the wet felted rug I had made many years ago and was even given the Slovenian Art@Craft Certificate for it. But when I wanted to place it in front of my bedroom door my children said no. And when I wanted to place it at my bed side the children said: "No, it's too beautiful to be trodden on."
So I listened to them and bought a sheepskin to place at the bed side and a machine made rug and placed it at the bedroom door.
Until last week when I finally placed the felted rug in front of the bedroom door and love it there.

Last edited:
Great soap. You are rocking the embeds. And I still can’t believe a house without a kitchen! That’s so nuts. Glad you got it done before Covid closed all restaurants down.

Great soap. You are rocking the embeds. And I still can’t believe a house without a kitchen! That’s so nuts. Glad you got it done before Covid closed all restaurants down.
Mrs. Zing made full use of her slow cooker. I got attached to our trusty hotplate and now use it for soap. The contractors blocked off both kitchen and dining so we got real squished and cozy. Memories....

What the heck kind of house doesn't have a kitchen?! 😆 And then they were actually able to sell it! Of course no offense to you, Mr. Zing, who must have noticed that it didn't have such a necessary commodity before purchasing the place. 😉😉

Your soap looks great by the way. I'm sure sitting next to the sink, it will tie the tile in nicely

So to be more precise..... There was a room that used to be a kitchen. It had a sink and cupboards rotting and falling off the wall. No stove. And a fridge older than I am (I'm old). I wanted to run for the hills. Mrs. Zing could see past all the cosmetic stuff. And I mean there was a lot to see past. Decorated in 1965 and never updated. So. Much. Paneling. We got it for a steal and have done massive work in every room. Beautiful wood floors and architectural details, cool, cozy, small 1932 solidly built home. We are blessed and this hubby is blessed with his wife.

Back