Soap for swimmers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandie722

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to make soap that will get rid of that horrible chlorine smell you get after swimming. I've been looking around online, and it seems that the active ingredient in a lot of the anti-chlorine shampoos is sodium thiosulphate. I've seen that you can buy this from pool cleaning companies and such and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with making their own soap with this?

Would there be any other suggestions for soap that would help with the after swim cleansing?

thanks

i have a gal who says that the oatmeal milk and honey soap that she gets from us is the only thing she uses after swimming in the pool everyday because it removes the chlorine smell. it is scented with omh fragrance but also contains ground oats. so i am assuming it is the exfoliating from the oatmeal and a nylon net scubby that is what is working for her.

You could also try common kitchen soap fragrances such as citrus and coffee scents. Not necessarily together. :) But kitchen soap recipes are formulated to remove tough garlic and onion odors.

Marr, I agree with you. I make the coffee soap, with grounds, for my kitchen and there isn't a odor it doesn't cut out. k

Latest posts

Back