Soap for my wife

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
I want to make a [FONT=&quot]moisturizing[/FONT] bath soap for my wife.

Would this be a good recipe and what % of oils would be good?
Tallow
Olive Oil
Shea Butter
Sunflower Oil
Caster Oil
FO
Or add other oils or subtract some of these oils?

I would go with something like

60% lard
20% olive
15% co
5% castor

Soap doesn't moisturize as such, but can be made so that it strips less of our natural oils when we use it.

Some love an 80% lard bar, but I have never used one so can't say.

I know you said tallow, but then I take it that animal fats are good to go, and lard is a very good soap fat

I use basically the same recipe TEG posted for quite a few of my batches (esp. if I'm out of PKO). It's lovely on the skin. I live in a dry environment with hard water and need all the help my poor skin can get.

I do like to move 5% of the lard into shea though. I can feel the difference even with that small amount, but it doesn't seem to reduce my lather like higher percentages of butters would. If you happen to have PKO handy, it's nice to split the CO with it to boost the lather a smidgen and make the bars seem milder. I like to go higher on CO than PKO since I think it makes waxy bars when I go higher on PKO than CO.

Other nice inclusions are colloidal oatmeal and subbing out a portion of water for goat milk, coconut milk and/or aloe water.

Latest posts

Back