Soap for dry skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya is soaping

Reaction score
So, my 1st batch of lard soap no longer smells piggy YAY!
So I'm trying to make a recipe for my dry skin. I'm a cleaner and am forever washing my hands and using chemicals.
This is a recipe I have came up with. Can anyone comment whether it seems good or to add or delete something? I don't have any castor oil.
Lard 55%
Coconut oil 76 15%
Olive 20%
Avocado 10%

With 7% superfat

It looks good to me. I would lower my superfat to 5%, but that's just a preference. Nothing wrong with leaving it at 7%. If you want to boost your bubbles a bit, you can add a little sugar. Dissolve it in your batch water before adding the lye. Even 1 tsp PPO will give it a bubble boost.

So, my 1st batch of lard soap no longer smells piggy YAY!
So I'm trying to make a recipe for my dry skin. I'm a cleaner and am forever washing my hands and using chemicals.
This is a recipe I have came up with. Can anyone comment whether it seems good or to add or delete something? I don't have any castor oil.
Lard 55%
Coconut oil 76 15%
Olive 20%
Avocado 10%

With 7% superfat

Looks like a nice recipe! Lard is great, I use 70% in my facial bar.

If you want to try one w/o lard, one of my favorites is one I believe was originally posted on FB by Ann Watson as one of her favorite recipes.
It is perfect for dry skin even with coconut oil it is very creamy and moisturizing. My son-in-law uses it for a shaving soap and he has very dry skin. I think the secret is the raw shea ;)
1/3 Virgin coconut oil
1/3 EV olive oil
1/3 Raw shea butter

I've made a similar recipe and really like it. I like to add 5% castor oil to help boost lather some, you could reduce the OO if you decide to try castor.

My usual recipe is quite similar and this one should work just fine.

I used to work as a cleaner and would have love a similar recipe at the time (I started soaping much later). Almost every homemade recipe is nice in my skin even after I switched careers. There was a time a would wash my hands upwards of 10x a day at my current job and going home to my favorite recipe was a luxury

I've made a similar recipe and really like it. I like to add 5% castor oil to help boost lather some, you could reduce the OO if you decide to try castor.

oops, didn't see that you have no castor. I'd leave just as is then, it will be nice.

Latest posts

Back