soap for acne

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use any kind of soap recipe, but then add some clay to it (French Green Clay, or Kaolin Clay, or Bentonite Clay, etc...)- one to two tsp. of clay ppo of soaping oils makes a nice bar of soap. You can also try adding powdered activated charcoal to your recipe @ 1 tsp ppo of soaping oils. HTH!

IrishLass

That's sounds interesting, I will definately look for the clay.

Do you know where I can get the powdered charcoal? I 've tried to find it before for my dog snacks because it is a breath nuetralizing ingredient but have been unable to find it anywhere.

Many thanks!

Another person on this forum mentioned that they buy Nature's Way capsules from the health food store. I can't remember if it is was 5 or 10 capsules pulled apart to make a tsp.

Laurie

Laurie said:
Another person on this forum mentioned that they buy Nature's Way capsules from the health food store. I can't remember if it is was 5 or 10 capsules pulled apart to make a tsp.

Laurie

That would be me! :)

Yes, I use Nature's Way activated charcoal capsules, and 5 capsules equal 1 tsp.

IrishLass :)

I just saw this.....Here's a snip from my complexion soap pic I posted here...

This is a modified version of the one I made in '04 with one I've been using for about 2 yrs. It's got coconut, safflower, palm, canola, sweet almond, avocado, neem and jojoba oils....I used aloe juice for all of the liquid and then added french green, bentonite, moroccan red, rhassoul clays with apricot kernel meal, orange peel powder, activated charcoal, dead sea mud and ground oatmeal. I used clove, lavender and tea tree eos.

I've been using for almost a week and I LURVE it....

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I buy it at Wal-Mart in the fish area. I put some in a electric coffee mill, hit the button a few times, wa-la, activated charcoal powder. :wink:

Paul :wink:

Me too. I got a good sized "bucket" of activated charcoal in the fish depot....

Soapmaker Man said:
I buy it at Wal-Mart in the fish area. I put some in a electric coffee mill, hit the button a few times, wa-la, activated charcoal powder. :wink:
Perhaps you meant voilà ("see there" or "there it is.") Pardon my French. :)

Is that charcoal from the fish dept the same as the one in the vitamin dept?

Activated charcoal is also an ingredient in a recipe I have for breath freshening dog treats. I wonder if I can use in the dog treats, too?

Sorry for my ignorance everyone but just curious why would charcoal be obtained from the fish department.

Is there a connection. :roll: Want to know now...............

coral said:
Sorry for my ignorance everyone but just curious why would charcoal be obtained from the fish department.

It is used in the filter system. It is a handy multi useful product. :D

ilovedoxies said:
Activated charcoal is also an ingredient in a recipe I have for breath freshening dog treats. I wonder if I can use in the dog treats, too?

I NEVER considered it in dog treats as a breath freshener!! Would it work for cat treats? Even with annual dentel tx, my one cat has godzilla breath. But it would make sense if it is removing odor causing nasties in the stomach or nasties that are excreted via the lungs.

Here is a link I have in my notes:
http://www.buyactivatedcharcoal.com/

The site has a ton of great info on charcoal.

Digit

digit said:
coral said:
I NEVER considered it in dog treats as a breath freshener!! Would it work for cat treats? Even with annual dentel tx, my one cat has godzilla breath. But it would make sense if it is removing odor causing nasties in the stomach or nasties that are excreted via the lungs.

As long as cats are able to eat it and the other ingredients in the treat, I don't see why not.

Cat's digestive systems are a little different and they're more finiky eaters than dogs.

coral said:
Diget Thanks for your reply.

Glad I could help. :D

ilovedoxies - Thanks for the tip/idea! I will have to look into this more.

Digit

We went to a bulk Amish store during a time when we were having a problem with wilted cherry toxin stuff with our goats. At this store they had quart jars of charcoal that we stocked up on. There's gotta be somewhere that you can buy it in a loose form in 5+ pound bags.

coral said:

Activated charcoal has a large surface area relative to it's weight and volume, is porous, and has an affinity for odors. As such it is used in a wide variety of products and applications where it is desirable to suck up impurities and odors. I'm sure you can imagine how a tropical fish tank would smell without some means of removing the fishy odor.

F.Y.I - Carrots are really good for acne :wink: I bought carrot powder for I think 7 bucks for 1 pound from herbalcom.com and lemon powder is supposed to be good also!!

Back