Soap favors for my son’s wedding - help me with planning?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came home from my excursion to the big city today to find my new micas waiting for me at the front door. Woo Hoo! I just ordered them late on Tuesday night, so that was really fast. From top left clockwise, Cabaret, Hollywood Pink, Amaranth and Love Story, all from Nuture.

E3721884-1990-4EEB-A3B8-EE5BF1B5F08F.jpeg

@scard after seeing that beautiful color, I’m wondering if I need to stick with super white recipes. Do you find that recipe or how the micas are added makes a difference with pastel micas? I guess my next step will be to try the new ones in test blocks of whatever recipe I decide to use. I definitely have not mastered micas. :eek:

I don't know if it's been mentioned above, but Summer Crush by Nurture is an amazing color. It appears to be more of a coral on the website but here is a picture of a soap I made with it. It's one of my favorites. Sorry, I can't give a usage amount because I take lousy notes. :beatinghead:
View attachment 44033

Reminds me of something that happened to me when I was a young kid... Back then, women (especially the older ones) would have decorative soaps that would be put in bowls and they would be never used. Kind of like the "guest towels" that hung in the bathroom that no one dared to use... My grandmother had this type of soap, but I did not know that it was soap -- it looked like a bowl of various fruit type candies. So, I grabbed one, tossed it in my mouth, and started to eat it. It only took a couple of chews before I was spitting it out and trying to wash the taste out of my mouth...

Now, having said that, I have to admit that the used fry oil soap that I made sure does look like brownies / fudge...

I guess I knew it would be coming. The wedding is postponed, probably until the same time next year. We had a video call earlier tonight and they seem okay. They’re most worried about asking older family members to travel.

I now have plenty of time to perfect my colors, fragrances and techniques :)

Sorry the wedding had to be postponed. It's better to keep everyone safe, but they still have to be disappointed. My nephew is getting married July 31. So far it's still on, but I'm sure they are concerned that they may have to cancel.

At least you have more time for your project. Although, in my case, that would just give me more time to do a lot of crazy overthinking.

You can have weddings here, but with only 5 people - bride, groom, celebrant, 2 witnesses.

that’s what we did. Court house wedding on 12-12-12, a Wednesday. It was just us, my parents, my MiL and her sister. We had our reception on the next Sunday, which gave us a few days to honeymoon and get used to the idea of marriage before everyone overwhelmed us. Plus side was wearing my dress twice, it’s now just collecting dust.

I will note that I did see a wedding celebrated recently (as in pics online). The couple decorated their house, invited someone to perform the wedding, and celebrated with the kids. As low key as possible while still keeping their date

@Mobjack Bay I'm so sorry to hear that. I also know a couple who had to postpone their wedding. It's so sad after all the planning they've done! But now that they have so much more time for planning, the wedding is probably going to be perfect!

About a year ago they floated the idea of having a very small wedding, but my sisters convinced them not to (in a loving auntie way). I know they were thinking about it again last week, but then decided to wait. They both seem fine with the decision (we did probe a little on that aspect). They pointed out that with most of the planning done all they will need to do is find a new date and maybe a place. They have a perfect setting for a country wedding, secluded, but accessible, but also within 100 miles of NYC, and are hoping to re-negotiate the contract for a later date.

Probably better they stay away from NYC for a while. Things suck here for now. CNY is nice but could be pricey, Lehigh Valley is also nice but is pushing it in its proximity to NYC (about 2 hrs). I wish them luck with this.

I am in the same position- made all the soaps and stamped most - now the date has changed the date stamp is wrong .... fortunately as the stamping was proving a problem I come up with this idea which is a card inlay

Attachments

• D320BF38-4969-41CC-BA11-CD11260E4B6C.jpeg
    D320BF38-4969-41CC-BA11-CD11260E4B6C.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 13
I am in the same position- made all the soaps and stamped most - now the date has changed the date stamp is wrong .... fortunately as the stamping was proving a problem I come up with this idea which is a card inlay
That’s a great idea and a pretty soap!

You can have weddings here, but with only 5 people - bride, groom, celebrant, 2 witnesses.
That was my first wedding exactly and it caused a major uproar in my family. The second time I got married, which was 35 years later, we had a small wedding with family and my dad got to walk me “down the aisle.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Back