Soap failure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Failed batch

How did you get that link in there? I would love to know how to do that. That was exactly where the mica was from. As a new soaper I guess these are the mistakes we make. That doesn't justify it but at the same time it's a learning mistake. Next time I will know better. I just ordered some colorants from Brambleberry so hopefully the next time I will be more successful. After trying the bar this morning I believe it is going to be okay. I may have over-reacted. However, I will try this soap again because it has a really nice lather. Both my husband & I prefer this to the store bought soap. I'm referring to the soap I made from Brambleberry's new beginner soapmaker kit. I'm already planning to make a batch probably within the next week or so. I really appreciate everyone's input & your hashing it out among the professionals. :):):)

I'm on my computer, so I just copied and pasted.

You could use those colorants for other body applications - a sparkly lotion or lotion bar. Lip balm if they are lip safe. (since they are for eye make up I would assume they are also lip safe, but I'm not totally sure.)

You could use those colorants for other body applications - a sparkly lotion or lotion bar. Lip balm if they are lip safe. (since they are for eye make up I would assume they are also lip safe, but I'm not totally sure.)

You have to look at the description on the website you buy mica from but eye safe is not the same as lip safe.
Lip safe is the next level up from eye safe. As in lip safe mica is safer than eye safe mica.

As a new soaper I guess these are the mistakes we make. That doesn't justify it but at the same time it's a learning mistake. Next time I will know better.

That's why I don't like the title "failure" :) It's not a failure unless you make the same mistake over and over without learning from it.

Last edited:
Failed soap batch

Well I gave my soap the zap test last night & it passed with flying colors. Tasted just like soap. As I said when I washed my hands with it, it had a lot of lather and was nice to my skin. It just doesn't look pretty but it appears that it will work. Thanks for everyone's help. BTW I didn't have a chance to take a picture. Will try to get that in the next few days.

Latest posts

Back