Soap drying tower

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought you might get a charge out of seeing how I cure/dry my soap bars. I dry them in the cellar with a dehumidifier that keeps the place bone dry. Picture below.

It has been revealed at work that I make soap and everyone is clamoring to get some. I can't keep up with the demand. My stock of "old" dried soaps is rapidly diminishing. I've been making lots of new stuff, but, as we know, those won't be ready for quite some time. The ones I have ready to go are 2.5 years old - hard as rocks, and, miraculously, still quite fragrant. I've started wearing a backpack to work to help me carry all the soap. (Some of you might be concerned about an apparent newbie like myself unleashing his soap on an unsuspecting public. Actually, years ago, I used to make TONS of soap. I had a basic recipe that I followed , based on a recipe by Susan Cavitch Miller. I didn't use colors back then and the only thing that actually varied was the scents I would use.)

Attachments

• IMG_3858.JPG
    IMG_3858.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 93
That is a great idea! I might have to carve out a little space in our small garage for something like that!

How clever! Whenever you need to move it a bit you can just push it around. I wish I had room to do that!

Well, I should really not complain, my husband let me have an entire room just with my soaps and stash, so I am well set, lol😁

Latest posts

Back