Soap Drying skin

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like soap with more than 20% CO. It makes my skin feel tight and dry. My soaps are plenty hard without additional CO, so I just don't use more than that. I stopped using the "profile" on SoapCalc a while back once I figured that out. But I have experience. The cleansing number sure helped when I was doing trial and error to eliminate that tight, dry feeling.

I don't like soap with more than 20% CO. It makes my skin feel tight and dry. My soaps are plenty hard without additional CO, so I just don't use more than that. I stopped using the "profile" on SoapCalc a while back once I figured that out. But I have experience. The cleansing number sure helped when I was doing trial and error to eliminate that tight, dry feeling.

What other oils do you use?

Okay Debbie - I seriously mean no offense but I do not think that you are ready to sell soap.

You made a soap that you find to be drying to your skin and no idea why. You're are clearly a very new soaper. Now, imagine if one of your customers comes and says to you "I found it drying, why is that?" You have no answer to give as you do not know. When selling something, I think it's better if the vendor actually knows their products very well and can answer questions on it.

Another case in point, while hp soaps are safe to use sooner, I actually find that they need a longer cure time or they have a very short life time. If you had sold these soaps, your customers would be getting a poor products that, in some ways thankfully, would not last very long at all.

Put selling on the back burner. Spend a while getting used to what soaping is all about so that you actually could answer questions. A usual guideline is a year or so, depending on the case in question.

no offense taken, you are right. Just like beekeeping I thought it was going to be easier than it is.

Back