Soap Drying racks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle22033

Reaction score
What do you use to dry your soap? I was thinking of buying some bread trays, however I am having a very hard time finding anywhere to buy them from?! Any space saving suggestions for drying soap?

Thanks

Yes, I also just invested in a set of cookie cooling racks and it's really freeing up space. I can actually use my desk again for other things!

I believe it! I just started this and one of my guest rooms is exploding with soap making stuff. :) I thought about getting a bakers rack or some kind of shelving unit to be more organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I have some of the paper tray things that I got for free that I use. We bought the brackets and such to put a shelving unit in the soap room for curing and maybe finished product, but I haven't had a chance to put them up yet.

I use the big bread trays. I traded those for services in my salon, in total I have 30 trays with two rolling carriers. Each tray will hold 70+ bars of soap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Soap Making mobile app

2013-09-14 18.31.38.jpg

Last edited:
I just went up to the bread guy and asked if he had any extras. He asked how many I wanted and I said as many as you can spare! LOL I then offered him our services.

He had no issues at all. He owned the route and the trays so... why not. I have no idea how much they cost, you could offer your soap.

edit: 27 trays

I use the cheap ventilated plastic shelves from wally world you can make them as tall as you like..

You can use something like these storage shelves:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KYJQMI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20.

The ones I use can hold about 100 bars per shelf.

Put deli paper down to put the soap on.

Here's an idea...

If you want to double the shelves in the same space, do this.

Get another set of shelves.

Then cut the 12 vertical pieces for one unit in half lengthwise. So instead of being about 18 inches end to end, the vertical pieces are 9 inches end to end.

Now you have 24 short vertical pieces.

Now put your eight sets of shelves ( 4 from one set and 4 from the other) together with your 24 short vertical pieces.

You now have 8 shelves for storage of 800 bars in a space about 34x14x57 inches.

Total cost of about $60.

Shop locally for the shelves at home supply stores. Get sturdy racks. Some are pretty flimsy. Get solid shelves too, not the ones with lots of holes in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back