soap dough help plz

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummy

Reaction score
Ok i love the idea of soap dough as i have done cake decorates for many years and love to make models in sugar paste. I have seen Sorcery Soap and love her idea about turning soap in to a dough. Right here is where i need your help. I got a great soap recipe that i would like to use 200g coconut oil 200g sunflower oil 100 oliver oil water 330g caustic soda 150g . If i use that as a cp soap and leave it for 24 hours in a mould and then cut it in pice and put them in salable bags it will then turn in to soap dough to be used as neede? Or do i need to use different oils? I dont use palm -lard- caston oil. Sorry to be asking this question but i am trying to get my head around it and like to make it all from scratch.

I'd love to help, but I wanted to support Sorcery Soaps and bought her ebook and am a firm believer in not revealing too much (if that makes sense). So if you don't mind, I'll give a review of her ebook that would answer those questions for you...

The vast majority of the ebook is a pep-talk/self-help for following one's creative impulses and not giving up - which is fine but not really what I was after. There is quite of bit of flowery language that might appeal to folks if they have a more poetic mindset than mine... There are three recipes which are pretty similar and several pages of FAQs... basically 5 pages of "meat" which is spread over 69 pages.

I will say that I followed one of the recipes and her instructions and was pleased with the results. The "just tell me already" German-efficiency mindset would have been happier to pay my money for straight forward 5 pages organized with a bullet list with maybe a section for her creations and step-by-step on how to mimic them (which the ebook is entirely missing). But that's just my opinion and I suppose folks would balk at buying a five page ebook.

Thanks for the ebook review snappy. I haven't purchased either of them yet but I have a similar mindset about wanting the 'meat' more than I want a pep talk about how to be creative. I'm more interested in the recipes and actual process involved in molding/sculpting the dough. She does have a basic soap dough recipe on her blog but I haven't got around to trying it yet http://sorcerysoap.com/recipes/. I think most of her recipes are lard based so I'm not sure how an all-veggie recipe would turn out especially without using a hard oil like palm. Maybe mummy will give it a shot and let us know how it turns out.

Would you rerecommend her ebook i have bern reading alot sbout her on heg website, my problem is i like to experiment and dhen i see something new i must try it straight away:) all i need to know is my 3 ingredients alright to use? Would hate to get a book and then have to get lots of different olis which i dont use.

Would you rerecommend her ebook i have bern reading alot sbout her on heg website, my problem is i like to experiment and dhen i see something new i must try it straight away:) all i need to know is my 3 ingredients alright to use? Would hate to get a book and then have to get lots of different olis which i dont use.

I bet if you emailed Bee ([email protected]) she could advise you if the coconut/sunflower/olive oil combo would make a good soap dough. She's really nice and open to answering questions. She also has a Facebook group called Sorcery Creations where people ask questions and post pics of their soap dough projects.

Ok i am going to try it with this oils/fat. Coconut oil oliver oil and vegetables lard (which is palm oil -soybean oil and other oils depends which shorting i get) vegetables shorting and leave out lard and castor oil. I worked it though the soapcalc and it comes out thr same as hers. Ok i am going to try it out tomorrow or the day after will let you know how it went. :)

Perhaps I am reading your recipe incorrectly but that amount of oils should require 73 grams of sodium hydroxide (at a 5% lye discount) not 150 grams. Your recipe, as I read it, would be about a -90% lye discount (extremely dangerous).

Ups i put the wrong amount down, no you didn't read it wrong i was written down the reduced recipe and put down the not reduce lye. It was ment to be C 400g S 400g O 200g. But i reduced it to half.

Ups i put the wrong amount down, no you didn't read it wrong i was written down the reduced recipe and put down the not reduce lye. It was ment to be C 400g S 400g O 200g. But i reduced it to half.

I haven't bought her book as I made it before she'd written the book.
I just use my standard recipe and it works out fine. I don't think it's all about the ingredients it is the timing of using the batter that is most important. Bee seems to have extended periods of usage for her batter - but that could just be the videoing giving her an extended time - but any recipe will work.

Latest posts

Back