Soap Dough Experiences?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Something witty

Reaction score
Anyone else make soap dough with M&P?
If so what is your preferred baking soda and corn starch ratio?
What type of base do you prefer to use when making it (clear, white, shea, goat ect.)?
How did you like it?

My first attempt shown below was a 50/50 BS/CS with a Goat milk base and peppermint essential oil. It was really satisfying to cut afterwards that it didn't stay this shape for long unfortunately. I hope to try more soon to see if I get different bubbles from Clear base and less Corn Starch 🤔
20201102_230906.jpg

Wow, this is the first time I am hearing about soap dough. Will look into it. So, how do you use soap dough, like bath bombs?
Soap dough is soap that has saponified, but kept wrapped so it stays soft. It is like working with clay. There are lots of ways to use it. For a good start, check out Sorcery Soap on YouTube or here is a link to the website and blog. Sorcery Soap™
@SoapWitch (Bee) is so generous in sharing her knowledge and helping others who are interested. Her creations are truly magical.

Soap dough is soap that has saponified, but kept wrapped so it stays soft. It is like working with clay. There are lots of ways to use it. For a good start, check out Sorcery Soap on YouTube or here is a link to the website and blog. Sorcery Soap™
@SoapWitch (Bee) is so generous in sharing her knowledge and helping others who are interested. Her creations are truly magical.
Awesome results! I Dream In Soap has a great video on making soap dough embeds as well!

Thank you @dibbles, I will check these out.
I'll add that after you shape it and leave it unwrapped it will harden to a regular soap bar and you can use accordingly or as decorating another bar of soap.
CP soap dough and M&P soap dough I can only assume have different consistencys as I have only worked with/made the M&P kind. Which ends up a nice Baking soda soap.

Back