Soap Dough and Caning with it.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my latest experiment trying to cane with Soap Dough.

Cold process core and soap dough

Image1.jpg

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 48
Oh that's cool! Was this fresh dough, or old? I have some from the Feb challenge, which I never actually used. It's still wrapped tho, so I'm hopeful it's workable once I am motivated.

Carabou, this dough is about 2 months old. I still have some from the challenge that works quite well. As a matter of fact just finished a soap with that same dough.

Lin, these are for me. Beside the traditional stuff, I love creating unique soaps. I am finding that some people will pay for the unique ones without batting an eye. It goes to show you that you never know what people want out there. In any case here is todays experiment. with the the challenge dough

IMG_5772.jpg

Attachments

• veneer1.jpg
    veneer1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 47
  • Veneer2.jpg
    Veneer2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 54
  • cane1.jpg
    cane1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 52
Carabou, this dough is about 2 months old. I still have some from the challenge that works quite well. As a matter of fact just finished a soap with that same dough.

Lin, these are for me. Beside the traditional stuff, I love creating unique soaps. I am finding that some people will pay for the unique ones without batting an eye. It goes to show you that you never know what people want out there. In any case here is todays experiment. with the the challenge dough

View attachment 30934
wow!!! That is soo cool. Can i ask how you created that soap?

Beautiful soap! Does anyone have the link to the February post? It looks like a fun project for a hot summer day!

Latest posts

Back