Soap donations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathymzr

Reaction score
I would like to donate soap, but does anyone know places that accept donated homemade soap?
I am in Calif, and would pay for shipping if possible. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Domestic abuse shelters are one.

I've heard of people donating to food banks, but my local ones haven't responded to several emails and phone calls from me.

I give away a lot to co-workers, friends and family at Christmas. And I sometimes put out a box at work that says "free".

Thanks very much for your suggestions. My daughter, a nurse, suggested cutting soap into small cubes, or making in small molds for homeless shelters or to simply give to homeless folks. We have so many homeless here in LA. The idea is that soap can be hard to come by. A small piece can be collected and kept in a pocket for the opportunity of a shower. Different colors or kinds can be traded. Maybe sounds strange, but she has experience with helping homeless people. I don’t plan to sell my soap. It’s a hobby to share.

My local food pantry loves homemade soap. So many poor people have skin problems and they really appreciate a gentle soap.

Back