Soap documenting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shimmersoap

Reaction score
Ummm... I don't know if any of you do this, but when i see a soap recipe, I price it and write down the recipe in my notebook. I have two notebooks filled this way and dozens of Word pages. Is anyone else as crazy as me? I have all SQ soap recipes filled out this way, and WSP and BulkApocothery too, if you want prices for them. ;):)

when i get my Soapcalc print out after i make the recipe i price it [cost to make ] , and i have an inventory sheet that has the breakdown cost per ounce , in some products i can go down to the teaspoon or drop [ cases such as EO and powders ] . Its a good practice to get use to for and if you start selling.
keeping good soap notes is a must , it's how i started , it helps with trouble shooting and consistency .

Last edited:
I keep all my recipes and notes in Evernote. There's an web-clipper add on that lets me directly import SoapCalc pages into a new note. It's fantastic to be able to organize them with pictures and access them from my tablet, pc and phone.

Latest posts

Back