soap dissolving too quickly after cure

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

bneylan

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some help with the soap dissolving too quickly. I have made a CP olive and coconut oil soap (mostly olive oil)
I have soap that is 1 year old and still dissolves very quickly into glycerine mess.
Is this just the way of CP soaps ? or can I change this ?
I have purchased soap that are supposed to be hand made and 100% olive oil that act more like normal commercial soaps. And some that look very opaque compared and dry feeling to a standard CP soap. Can someone advice me ?

The Efficacious Gentleman

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

The full recipe including lye discount, water discount, additives and so on would be good just in case.

But how is the soap stored between uses? Can it dry out well or does it stay wet?

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^What the good Gent said! And if you could put that recipe in weights, as opposed to percentages, that would be awesome.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
As above, how you treat it in between uses and your recipe will play a big part.

cherrycoke216

Reaction score
100% olive oil soap seem like normal commercial soaps. They could hot process the soap and use negative SUPERFAT and also salt out soap after its been made. ( to remove glycerin)
Search the forum " DeeAnna, I have a question " there's an ancient Andalusian olive soap recipe using -40% superfat.
Assumed they are not lying about 100% olive oil soap and the olive oil is not adulterated.

Last edited:

Latest posts