Soap dishes....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the seahorse! It's also such a pretty green.

Almost 3 years ago I made a "minimalist wooden soap dish," which was fairly easy to make and I love the design. I also like how you can easily customize it to different sizes. It's held up surprisingly really well, no warping or funny business like mold, and if I ever get the bug I'll make more to give out as gifts.

http://howdidyoumakethis.com/minimalist-wooden-soap-dish/
Thanks for the link.
My buddy has a woodshop where he makes handcrafted wooden toys that he sells at craft fairs.
I'm guessing he could whip me up a dozen of those in less than an hour.
I may have him make me a few.

Almost 3 years ago I made a "minimalist wooden soap dish," which was fairly easy to make and I love the design. I also like how you can easily customize it to different sizes. It's held up surprisingly really well, no warping or funny business like mold, and if I ever get the bug I'll make more to give out as gifts.

http://howdidyoumakethis.com/minimalist-wooden-soap-dish/

If those were "minimalist", then I suppose I would have to call mine "the downright lazy-(wo)man's wooden soapdish"! lol

I used to make my own wooden soap dishes out of a length of decorative wood trim from Lowe's. I just cut the length of trim into smaller 4" lengths, sanded them down, and sealed/varnished them with waterproof deck seal:

IMG_5237SmallCroppedDish640.jpg

IrishLass :)

I made this wood thing yesterday, it is gum tree sticks trimmed with secateurs and stuck together with hot glue, I've made a few of them in fact. They can be made for any soap dish, saucer, plastic container etc...

Attachments

• IMG_20190419_172252.jpg
    IMG_20190419_172252.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 17
I love the seahorse!

I was thinking about asking a ceramic artist to make me a custom soap dish for my triangular soap, when my sister-in-law, who is a stained glass artist, said she had just found the perfect mold for making a triangular dish. Here's a picture of what she made for me:

It even has little bumps to provide air circulation under the soap. I am thrilled with the results!

Back