Soap dedicated to Ian

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
Ian, here's "Soothing Sauna." dedicated to you:
Soap:
Almond oil: 20%
Castor oil:10%
Olive oil: 30%
Coconut oil 30%
cocoa butter:5%
Shea butter: 5%
aloe powder (reconstituted and used in the lyebath)
.1 oz coconut milk powder ppo (I mix with the FOs)
superfat at 8% and I used Vit e b/c of the high amount of castor

Fragrance:

4 parts eucalyptus
3 parts lavender
2 parts cedar
1 part black pepper
1 part clove bud

add eo at .3 oz ppo

This creates a nice ivory color soap. I swirled in just a little color to represent eucalypus, lavender, and cedar. (though I did have a swirling problem with this batch) Eucalyptus:parsley powder. cedar: rosehip powder and paprika. Lavender: violet ultramarine mixed with a touch of rosehip to tone it down.

awwww!! Thank you! :oops: I almost did a double take when I saw the name of the thread!! :lol: :lol:

Im so excited to see how these turn out!! Ive got to try this as soon as I save some more money for supplies!

Posts pics as soon as you can!!! Im excited!! :)

I think Ill have to try this recipe (or one similar)!

get that good ol' sauna feeling when you take a shower...ahhhhh soo relaxing !! :)

(rose hi[s remind me of home!! :), my mom used to make some killer jelly out of that stuff!)

Awesomeeenesssss :)

Ian. I'm not very advanced when it comes to the computer and pics. I've only been able to post one picture, and that's because it had been emailed to me... I'll try later on this afternoon when Whitney gets home. She's a kid so she's smart with that kind of stuff! (ok so she's 20, but that's still a kid to me!)

lol well even if you cant get pics up , let me know how it turns out!!! I love this idea and it is something I really would like to try because saunas are sooo nice and to think you could replicate the effect in a shower or bath with the aromas would be awesome!!! Let me know how it goes/cures/ smells and everything!!

:)

I love when new ideas are tried, especially ones I help to instigate!!

Back