Soap decorating experiments

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma'amMixalot

Reaction score
Been looking back at some of my experimental soap decorating methods and decided to create a new thread. Post your "didnt know how it would turn out" soap decorating experiences below. Success and failures invited!

This bar is what I call a "petite"... right under 3oz. I had some odd shaped bars from hand cuts and decided to carve them with a melon baller to make "pearls."

Attachments

• 20190504_194440.jpg
    20190504_194440.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 46
Hmmm I guess only beginners experiment in decorating??

My thread was moved to the Beginners ' Forum but I dont know if I will get many replies here.

When I was a beginner, I didn't worry about the way my soap looked at all. It's more important that beginners understand the chemistry behind the soapmaking and what changing one aspect will do to the rest of the microprocesses involved in saponification.

Once you get your basic soapmaking method mastered and you're very comfortable with your soap calculator then you can start figuring put how to make your soaps pretty.

I welcome all replies but I was looking for soap pictures from envelope pushers, rogue soapers, and maybe some frankensoaps.

The soap in my first post is a hardness matched combo of 55% shea butter base with agave paired with cocoa butter and coconut milk (fully cured) pearls.

Looks like I was right. I have 0 soaps to look at besides my own. This thread was not aimed at beginners because beginners are just BEGINNING to understand the nuances of soaping. I wish I could move this thread myself but I guess I will make a new thread with a less 'beginner' title.

I wish I could say "Aha!" but it would be disingenuine. I think this thread didnt get responses because it was moved [from Photo Gallery] right after I made it. Thank you for the response and I will [continue to] check those threads.

Maybe message a admin and see if they can change the title and maybe move the thread to the photos section? I do't do a lot of decorated soap, found I don't care to use them and family just display them.
Here are some I have done in the post, nothing too fancy.

Attachments

• 100_5102.JPG
    100_5102.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0699.JPG
    DSCN0699.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0570.JPG
    DSCN0570.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back