Soap cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdc1978

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a soap cutter, but I'd like one that a) is the best value, b) somewhat reasonably priced and c) works.

I purchased one like this and I'm a little frustrated because the walls aren't high enough to accommodate the loaves that come out of my mold. But maybe it accommodates other loaf molds.

I'm thinking of maybe a single wire cutter because I think those cut soaps look tidier. However, I don't mind this box style, I just want it to work.

With that in mind does anyone have a good recommendation? I've seen some single wire cutters for around $55 but I'd like something that works, so if that costs a little more thats fine. I just hate waste and so having a useless cutter is upsetting.

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_131346480.jpg
    IMG_20200429_131346480.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 37
There are several posts on this if you search. However I have two from Buds Workshop on Etsy. Bud Hefner makes quality products. I have a metal multi bar cutter and a wood single bar cutter. Worth the money.

Thanks, I'll check him out. I did a quick search but it didn't look like there were any recent recs. Last time I got myself in a lather over a soap shaver and the seller was on hiatus. But I'll do another search, thanks again

I don't think bud is in business anymore, really makes me wish I had bought one of his long ago.
I just bought a all metal single wire cutter but it will be awhile before I get it as its coming from russia. Its adjustable and has a stainless steel bed instead of the typical plastic or wood. With shipping, it came to $122.

Its comes in different colors
https://www.etsy.com/listing/687539504/single-wire-soap-cutter-of-any-length?ref=yr_purchases

Thank you! There is someone on Etsy with the name bud haffner and his stuff is a little spendy so I wonder if it's the same guy?

LOL, I think that seller is the same one I'm considering buying a soap cutter from.

Yes, I believe that is the same bud. Does he have things for sale? His cutters are top notch

I don't think bud is in business anymore, really makes me wish I had bought one of his long ago.
I just bought a all metal single wire cutter but it will be awhile before I get it as its coming from russia. Its adjustable and has a stainless steel bed instead of the typical plastic or wood. With shipping, it came to $122.

Its comes in different colors
https://www.etsy.com/listing/687539504/single-wire-soap-cutter-of-any-length?ref=yr_purchases

Bud and his daughter have merged. They are Maple Leaf Soap.com. I love my single cutter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 33
I just upgraded from a metal box cutter to a single wire cutter. The ability to change the depth or thickness of the bar is worth a million to me, so I encourage you in that direction for the sake of flexibility. The metal cutter takes up no space for storage, though. View attachment 45614
Gosh, I do love the tidy and professional look of your bars. You make a persuasive point, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a single wire cutter. I also hadn't considered the flexibility to change the size of the bar, that's an excellent point.

Latest posts

Back