Soap cutter!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nanashousesoap

Reaction score
I just placed an order with Bud on Etsy for a soap cutter! I've been making soap for 3 years now and handcutting has been fine for my solid color HP & CP soaps. But not so much since I've been experimenting with layering ... cutting on the side is really super hard for me to keep the bars straight.

I got an email from Bud that he'll ship 5/3 or sooner. We'll be leaving on a 7 day cruise on the 7th .. so it'll be here when I get back! YAY!

Congratulations! I hope your new cutter is there when you get back, or even better before you leave ;-)

I bought the plans for one off Ebay .. and my wonderful husband said he could build it - buuuuut, he's a procrastinator and when I asked him about it again last night his response was "you can't buy those things already made?" Why ... yes ... yes you can! He decided the amount of time it would take to gather all the materials, cut out all the pieces and then weld it together .... buying one from Bud made better sense! So, who am I to argue? LOL :) Gotta love that man!

A cruise! Did I see the word, "cruise?" So jealous!

Congrats on the new cutter. Double congrats on wearing the hubby down to get it! :thumbup:

Congrats!!! Oh how I look forward to purchasing a soap cutter from Bud! My crooked soap cutting days are getting the best of me.
Have a beautiful trip. Where on your cruise are you going?

We're going to Honduras, Belize & Cozumel. It will be our first time at the first two ports so we're really excited. We're going to swim/snorkel with the dolphins in Honduras, zip line & cave tube in Belize and going with a bunch from our ship roll call bunch on the Cozumel Bar Hop. Hubby isn't too keen on the zip line thing .. but it's on my bucket list and I figure I better get it done before I get much older. I don't want to break a hip. LOL

I'm going to try out using a miter box and wire clay cutting tool like my wife uses for pottery.

YAY!!! SHIPPED TODAY!! I may actually have it by Friday before we leave and I can test it out! I've got 2 loaves that can wait until the end of the week to be cut!

Back