Soap cutter reviews?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzie

Reaction score
hello! I was hoping to get thoughts on what multi bar cutter and single bar cutter everyone likes. My mom has amazingly offered to get me one of each for my b-day and there are a lot of options out there! I'm leaning towards the powder coated metal ones, but am open to see what everyone thinks and suggests regarding style and vendor. Thanks in advance!!

I have both the metal multi bar cutter and wood single bar cutter from Bud Hafner on Etsy. Hands down the best money I’ve spent on equipment. High quality cutters and I think they are reasonably priced for the quality.

I second the Bud cutter. I only have the single cutter and it’s all I think I’ll ever need as I have no plans to ever sell. And I enjoy cutting my loaves.

Thanks for asking @Alzie - I've been searching for the same info. Lots of people recommend Bud's cutters.

Have any of you had to replace the wires? Is it easy to do?

I bought a bundle of soap making supplies from a wonderful lady who was getting out of making soap. One of the things in that bundle was a bud cutter. The only problem is it cuts wider than I'd prefer to have. Is there any way to change the width myself or would I have to buy another cutter? Would love to be able to cut 1" bars but this is a 1 1/4" cutter. Thanks!

Last edited:
No, you cannot adjust the size of the cut. I have the 1 1/4 cutter myself. I use my single cutter if I need something different. Mostly used for shower favors that are special order.

Thanks everyone!! Sounds unanimous for the bud cutter!! I've been swamped and overwhelmed lately and I really appreciate all the help from everyone here :)

No, you cannot adjust the size of the cut. I have the 1 1/4 cutter myself. I use my single cutter if I need something different. Mostly used for shower favors that are special order.
That's the way im leaning, I like the 1 1/4 size bar but some molds I like to go thinner on the size. I really like cutting single bars (something very calming about it), but I also like them to be consistent in size :)

I'm convinced now as well and just added both a single and multi-cutter to my list. Thank you all for the input and thank you Alzie for starting the thread!

Can you give me a ball park figure on how much postage you paid to Australia?

Kim

Not who you asked but I was curious on how much it would be for me to get it (Mexico) and postage is half the price of the item give or take a bit. So nope. I think I’m gonna order a cheese cuter. :(

Latest posts

Back