Soap Cure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I haven't had a dinning room table for over a month now...Still have to bevel the bars. Reaaalllly considering getting a bevel machine from Paul since my production as nearly tripled this month...
Cure1.jpg

Cure2.jpg

Cure4.jpg

Your bars look very pretty all lined up there. :)

This is my version of same. Just Saturday I cleared out part of these shelves in my junk room so I could store my soaper stuff in one place, but I'll have to make more room later today or tomorrow because I've got a WSP delivery coming today and also picking up 4 one-gallon oils from my local oilmonger.

That's my DB and CP upper left, tools and miscellaneous ingredients on the shelf below, gallons of oils and some Roebic's below that, a few ABS pipe molds and my 3# and 6# molds bottom center, a couple shelves of curing soap and miscellaneous stuff, and camping gear that will have to go so that I have room to store the new stuff from today.

Soap is taking over everything!!! :D

soaper_junk.jpg

Oh man, those look beautiful. You guys are way to neat. I'm keeping mine to myself. :oops:

Oh, I wish I had space! Right now, all my stuff is crammed into/onto the desk area of my kitchen.

I want a soaping room!

Wait until later today and I'll clear out that pesky camping gear and pack away today's purchases, and take a better picture. I'm a pack rat. I just love having a big supply of my favorite foods or hobby stuff waiting to be consumed. :D

kwahlne said:
Oh, I wish I had space! Right now, all my stuff is crammed into/onto the desk area of my kitchen.

I want a soaping room!
I WISH I had a soaping room!! I've given up my entire dinning room, half of my bed room, a quarter of the kitchen and next month I start tours, so there goes my entire living room.... We each have a big RubberMaid container as a table and fluffy pillows on the floor for when we eat... Good thing my kids think it's "cool"!! :wink: :D

You should get DH to make you some nice shelves, maybe in the closets or something. Clothes are overrated anyway... I've spent some of my best moments without 'em. :shock: :wink: :wink:

I got my WSP stuff and 4 gallons from my oil monger, came home and rearranged my junk. At least I can find everything now. :)

soaper_junk2.jpg

I guess it's too late for me to give up soaping now, with all those supplies. For probably a month I won't need anything but EOs/FOs and any new supplies I want to try, some more colorants for sure. Now I'm too tired to make anything. :)

Wow. I can see more than 10 gallons of oil. :D I have all the materials to make transparent soap too! :shock:

Lane,

There's just something about soap "on mass". It's just so appealing. One bar is nice but lots of bars is awesome.

Lane said:
I WISH I had a soaping room!! I've given up my entire dinning room, half of my bed room, a quarter of the kitchen and next month I start tours, so there goes my entire living room....

I knew I had a problem when my husband couldn't find anywhere to put his plate down to eat his supper except in front of the computer! I felt so bad!

Lovehound,

I think its perfectly clear to us all now.....Lovehound is a complete soap addict! Nice set up. Its giving me some inspiration to get my act together and get organized.

!

cdwinsby said:
I knew I had a problem when my husband couldn't find anywhere to put his plate down to eat his supper except in front of the computer! I felt so bad!
You should tell him he's lucky he's got a spot to sleep in at night, one I might add would be beter employed as space for drying soap. ;)

cdwinsby said:
Lovehound,

I think its perfectly clear to us all now.....Lovehound is a complete soap addict! Nice set up. Its giving me some inspiration to get my act together and get organized.
I'm worse than that. I'm a complete HOBBY ADDICT! :D Almost every hobby I've ever seen appeals to me, particularly if it's got lots of supplies and tools. :) So far the only hobbies that haven't appealed to me are needlepoint and quilting. :)

Re: !

Lovehound said:
quilting. :)

Guilty!

And Lane, your soaps are Amazing! You really are an inspiration.
(and I love love love Hello Kitty!) :lol:

Lovehound, your soap supplies are so nice and neat, if you are in DC will you please come organize my soap kitchen.

You can hire me as a soap kitchen organization consultant but I warn you that I don't come cheap! And the airfare would have to be covered too. I'm in Los Angeles. :D

Haha, I just bought tickets to LA 15 minutes ago!
My daughter lives in West Hollywood.
I got killer prices, less than $250 RT.

Bring your soap kitchen with you. I can organize it while you wait. :)

I have a lower fee schedule for office visits than I do for on site work.

Deda said:
I got killer prices, less than $250 RT.

dang, that's cheap. my round trip cost me over $1,400.00. going to the UK tho, not CA. ;)

Lane, cool arrangement of soaps! Congratulations on the increased volume. Your beveler is heading out to you in the morning! Your going to have tons of shavings. :shock:

Paul

Soapmaker Man said:
Lane, cool arrangement of soaps! Congratulations on the increased volume. Your beveler is heading out to you in the morning! Your going to have tons of shavings. :shock:

Paul
Thanks! I plan on making a HUGE rebatch log of all the shavings... :D

Lovehound said:
Are we talking like a log HUGE enough to devour Las Vegas? ;)
Yes. That is EXACTLY what I ment! Duh! I'm going to rebatch it all and donate it. :D

Back