Soap cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thesoapbox

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the royal icing on a soap cupcake? Does anyone have any suggestions for an icing?

Why do you want to use actual icing?

Soap can be piped just like regular frosting as long as it gets to the right consistency. I know royal I icing is different than let's say buttercream but you can probably achieve that same smooth look with a light/medium trace pour.

I'm doing melt and pour and am having a hard time getting a melt and pour icing done. I've never done it before but it's pipping fine it just doesn't set hard. It's more like springy. Maybe that's the hardest it gets just wasn't sure.

I wasn't going to do like frosting on a real cupcake but the royal icing that's used to do a bath bomb cupcakes and it sets rock hard. Didn't know if it's possible for melt and pour to set that hard

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing melt and pour and am having a hard time getting a melt and pour icing done. I've never done it before but it's pipping fine it just doesn't set hard. It's more like springy. Maybe that's the hardest it gets just wasn't sure.

I wasn't going to do like frosting on a real cupcake but the royal icing that's used to do a bath bomb cupcakes and it sets rock hard. Didn't know if it's possible for melt and pour to set that hard

Sorry, I have no idea. I didn't realize it was MP cupcakes you were inquiring about. It didn't so which topic it was in on my phone.

I've only done CP.

Latest posts

Back