Soap cupcakes - family humor

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzysoap

Reaction score
So I am new to the group, but I have been reading for about a week. I hope this is okay to post. So most of the soap that I have made was special for my son who was allergic to all over the counter soap, including laundry soap, body soap, and fabric softener. Along with diapers. So I started making soap. And we switched to cloth diapers. He is now five and has out grown most of his allergies. So I have started branching out and making soap for fun. I loved the idea of cupcake soap, it just seems fun. So I made my first soap cupcakes this week and sent a picture to my family. My older brother replied that soap cupcakes are going to be the new tide pod challenge, and my little brother said, someone's kid is going to eat one and when they use me all they are going to get is my debt. It made me smile, so I thought I would share and see if anyone else has bad humor in their family.

Yep, I took one of my first cupcake soaps to my moms to show her. She left it out on the counter, my dad who loves sweets picked it up and almost ate it. Mom was laughing. The only saving grace was it was too dense to be any good:D. Dad says I have to label any soap I now drop off.

I make and sell cupcake soaps by request of customers. I've had a couple adults & kids run up to my display and try to take a bite.....I clearly have them marked as soap and do not eat.

Its all why its so hard to sell soap cupcakes in the UK/EU - Food Imitation Rules put paid to great deal of cupake creativity!

Yep. The first time I made soap cupcakes, they were on my cure rack in the back room which also led out to the back deck. My family was over for a grill out. My mom thought the cupcakes were supposed to be out on the deck so she grabbed the tray and set it out on the food table! I said "mom, those are soap!" (They were mint and brownie scented cupcakes) She tried arguing with me! Luckily no one had tried them yet... My nieces do love soap cupcakes though.

Latest posts

Back