Soap Crayons

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
Has anyone tried make CP Soap Crayons?

I saw a video where they were made with M&P and Lab Colors and while I'm okay with buying M&P for the project (for the grandkids), the colorants aren't exactly cheap given the amount you need to use to get a brilliant color, and if the kids don't like them, then I have nothing else to use them for.

I'm really hoping that I can just use my Regular Soap recipe and use colorants I have on the shelves. I have a couple of dozen tubes from another [stupid] idea that didn't pan out.

Hadn't heard of these till now. Please let me know if you try them, and how the kids liked them.

I've decided that I'm just going to go with my regular recipe and then double up on whatever colorants I use...mostly pigments, oxides, ultramarines. I think I will start with six colors...red, purple, green, blue, yellow and whatever else looks good.

@TheGecko I searched soap crayons and found your thread. How did it turn out? I bought some melt and pour I’m going to try. Did you use a higher concentration of colorant than usual?

This is the only video I found that Is close to what I was thinking of making. But I’m wondering, can we use mica instead of the lab color she’s using?

There was a time, maybe 10 years ago, where CP/HP Soap Crayons were popular. There was a "fat" crayon mold made for that purpose. I did not make them, but they were so cute I was tempted. 😁
if the kids don't like them, then I have nothing else to use them for.
That won't be a problem. Kids love them as much as a rubber ducky or other toys in the tub at bath time.

Bath Crayons

This subject has been discussed many times. Use the Search feature to learn more. Enter "Soap Crayons" and tick "Search Titles Only" to learn more. Scroll down to the 2007 thread.

For inspiration:

Washable Soap Crayons - 5 pack

There was a time, maybe 10 years ago, where CP/HP Soap Crayons were popular. There was a "fat" crayon mold made for that purpose. I did not make them, but they were so cute I was tempted. 😁

That won't be a problem. Kids love them as much as a rubber ducky or other toys in the tub at bath time.

Bath Crayons

This subject has been discussed many times. Use the Search feature to learn more. Enter "Soap Crayons" and tick "Search Titles Only" to learn more. Scroll down to the 2007 thread.

For inspiration:

Washable Soap Crayons - 5 pack
Thanks. Google was showing mostly crayons made with old shaved soap. And my search here was showing mostly folks coloring soap with shaved crayons. I’ll try title search.

@TashaBird Oopsie! I tried to respond to your post in the MP Crayon Soap thread but something went wrong. It may have been deleted or moved. :smallshrug:

Here's what I wrote:
No worries! "Necroposting" is asking a question or making a comment on an old thread, thus reviving it for discussion. Until very recently, it was frowned upon. But now, in their wisdom, the Admin/Mods no longer consider it a "no-no". You were absolutely free to continue that old thread.

To delete, simply erase your post and replace it with "deleted" -- you have to put something in there or the "Save" feature won't work. You can only do that for what you wrote, not the whole thread. For deleting what others wrote, use the Report button to ask that it be deleted and wait. It may take some time for a Admin/Mod to take care of it.

You're not messing up! Not at all!
Since this thread is about Soap Crayons CP and you want to make them MP
Starting a new thread in MP is good thinking!!!
:nodding:

Back