Soap Container Boxes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am very new new to CP soap making but am really enjoying it so far. I was trying to figure out how I wanted to package my soaps I would be making so I talked to my wife who is a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and is quite good at making her own designed boxes she uses for craft sales. So I settled on making our own and then having cutout window that would allow the soap to be displayed and allow buyers to smell the soap and the cutout could also reflect the style of soap we would be selling also. Here are some pictures of what we have made so far. Let me know what you think and would welcome any new ideas also.

IMG_3304.jpg

Those are very pretty! Your wife is very talented. I especially like the rose box.

Good luck with the soap boxes. Maybe you will have better luck. I quit using them years ago. I now use cigar labels. They far outsell any boxed soaps I ever had

I like all the cutouts, but it would really be a plus if you can do a cutout that fits with your company name.

Only problem I see, if you are going to sell it is going to be very time consuming to make boxes for hundreds of soaps. We did fancy packaging in the beginning but found it to much when getting 300+ bars ready for a craft show. The other problem with boxes and bands is the soap will continue shrinking up and will float around in the box, with bands the bands will become loose and fall off. With shrink wrapping I can just hit the soaps again with the heat gun and my labels stick to the shrink wrap.

I tried the shrink wrap for a while too and that didn't work for me either. The bags just get messy looking after a while no matter how careful I was. Also, the cost of them plus having to repackage any damaged ones was the least cost effective way for my business. Besides, the cigar banded soaps still outsold the shrinkwrapped ones by a landslide. I guess you just have to go with what works for you and for your business and customers.

I used sachet bags for a while too. I just loved them and they made the soaps look so pretty. May revisit that someday.

As far as the shrinking soap and loose bands I found it helps if you band them after they have cured at least 8 weeks. At some point they stop shrinking and I found that around 8 weeks works the best for me. If I wrap them at 4 weeks the bands will get loose as the soap shrinks.

Latest posts

Back