Soap company name opinions needed!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickie

Reaction score
O.K. this is my last post then I am going to bed.. My last company name had my name in it.. I sold tremendous amount of soaps that had some well, "questionable" names... I was leaning twards something Organic-Organics like Organic Gardens when I thought of The Big O.. Then bellow it - Organic Soap Company.. Then name the soaps like: Sex in the Shower, Luv in Da Tub, Scrub Me Honey-n-Oats... Thoughts? Too much? It is funny and kinda fun..?...

Holy cow my post where they **** me made it look like I said something horrible.. Its only a THREE letter word beginning with S and ending in X.. LOL

you mean a mod edited the word SEX out ?????????

And here I thought the missing word was supposed to be Orgasm......

me thinks it's a site edit...... because of programs to avoid sexual type sites because it might detect that word and then would throw this site into the rubbish bin.

But I see it left my word orgasm alone..... LOL

Yeah, some forums have problems with spammers posting so they edit those words out.

As for a name, think about the area you live in and what would go over well there. That is what it really comes down to. Are you going to be in craft shows? Are you going to be embarrassed if little old ladies (or men) come and ask you about your products? :lol: :shock: :lol:

Hmmm, it was the "little ol ladies" that would laugh and be the biggest buyers. They would buy for their friends etc.. I did do shows and had the questionable title named ones near me.. I had one woman order 40 for personal gifts. Funny how certain things can fly, and others just sit.

Mickie

FYI: Mods do NOT edit words out. The forum software is on auto edit.

I see nothing wrong w/ having an orgasmic *line* but I think if it were me, I would have a more mainstream line also unless you plan to hit the alternate crowd really hard with your marketing. There certainly is a need for alternative pooducts *if* you know where & how to sell them. I had an alternative line but it never did nearly as well as my mainstream stuff did.

Faithy- I plan to do probably just lotion sticks also.. I`ll keep thinking, and thanks to all replies.. :D

Mickie

Tabitha said:
FYI: Mods do NOT edit words out. The forum software is on auto edit.

Hehe, Tab. I meant to say that only I posted way early in the morning. See what happens if you don't have coffee before posting?

Technically, we can edit words out, but I know we haven't in the past 6 months anyway.

Haha, back in the early days of the forum we had a ridiculous amount of spam posts and just in case i didn't notice them in time I had to set it up to block out all the bad words. I guess I can fix that now. Stupid spammers.

Back