Soap Challenge

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KDP

Reaction score
In order to access the challenges, one has to be a paid member?

Primrose

Reaction score
Hi KDP, no. The challenge rules for participants are posted on each challenge thread. You need to have been a member for at least one month and have at least 50 posts, and then you need to sign up on the sign up thread. Hope this helps :)

KDP

Reaction score
I clicked on the thread for June...it took me to a page that in order to view that thread, I had to set up a payment.

amd

Reaction score
I got this same error message a few days ago when clicking a linked forum thread in another thread. I refreshed, and made sure I was logged in (for some reason it had logged me out), and then it cleared itself.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
In order to access the challenges, one has to be a paid member?
Are you still having issues posting on that thread? If you can post here, you should be able to post there.

KDP

Reaction score
Are you still having issues posting on that thread? If you can post here, you should be able to post there.
I can't even find that post now.

KDP

Reaction score
ok...the blunder may have been on my part...when I saw June ( although I thought a bit early..but hey..anything is possible) I didn't notice the year...I'm thinking it was for 2019. I clicked on that thread with no problem. But I did have a problem getting into the thread without setting up a payment. No biggie..was just curious. Thanks

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
KDP, I would suggest you try posting on the current Challenge thread (linked at the top of the page here) and see if you get the same message.

Just scroll up and click on the link that says, "~*~ SMF May 2020 Challenge-Diagonal Slice Stripe with Swirl Technique! ~*~ " If you get an error message, copy the error message and include it in follow up here on this thread for more help.

You do have enough posts to participate in the challenge, so you can participate if you so desire. You don't have to, but you can still post to the thread if it on topic.

KDP

Reaction score
KDP, I would suggest you try posting on the current Challenge thread (linked at the top of the page here) and see if you get the same message.

Just scroll up and click on the link that says, "~*~ SMF May 2020 Challenge-Diagonal Slice Stripe with Swirl Technique! ~*~ " If you get an error message, copy the error message and include it in follow up here on this thread for more help.

You do have enough posts to participate in the challenge, so you can participate if you so desire. You don't have to, but you can still post to the thread if it on topic.
Thank you, no problem viewing this thread.

KDP

Reaction score
Ok..this is what I'm talking about from the June Challenge thread:

Account upgrades
Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership (Annual)
$19.95/yr
Here at SoapMakingForum we strive to provide a friendly and technical oriented community with limited advertising that works towards our hobby and rights. We have started a Supporting Member program to help fund all the various financial obligations the community incurs; Hosting, Software, Marketing and Legal.

Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership Benefits

• Recognition of your Supporting Member Status under your name.
  • The ability to turn off advertisements! NO BANNER ADS!
  • No advertising in the mobile application.
  • Increased self editing time.
  • Unlimited private message space.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • Unlimited gallery space.
  • The ability to add a larger file Avatar.
  • Larger Profile Picture file size.
  • 2 of the SoapMakingForum Stickers
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting Soapmaking Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.
Purchase
Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership (Monthly)
$3.99/mo
Here at SoapMakingForum we strive to provide a friendly and technical oriented community with limited advertising that works towards our hobby and rights. We have started a Supporting Member program to help fund all the various financial obligations the community incurs; Hosting, Software, Marketing and Legal.

• Longer self editing time.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting SoapMaking Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.
Purchase
Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership (Lifetime)
$100.00
for 55 years

• Longer self editing time..
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting Soapmaking Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.
Purchase
SMF Vendor Membership
$29.95/mo
If you are a Vendor/Retailer/Service Provider or want to use SoapMakingForum for ANY type of commercial presence including signatures, avatar, private message, responding to threads about your product/services, no matter how big or small, you must have this subscription.

SoapmakingForum Vendor Membership Benefits

• The permission to use the forum as a business including responding to threads and sending private messages.
  • The ability to create advertisements in the Vendor Forum
  • The ability to advertise in your forum signature.
  • Access to an avatar to showcase your company logo.
  • SoapMakingForum Vendor status under your username.
Purchase
SMF Banner/Vendor Membership
$59.00
for 1 month
If you are a Vendor/Retailer/Service Provider or want to use SoapMakingForum for ANY type of commercial presence including signatures, avatar, private message, responding to threads about your product/services, no matter how big or small, you must have this subscription.

• One 300 x 100 banner
  • The permission to use the forum as a business including responding to threads and sending private messages.
Purchase

I am unable to view this...anyone else have this problem?

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
KDP, this is the link to the June 2019 Challenge thread.
I do not see what you have quoted above when I click on that link, so wonder what's going on for you.

Perhaps you can describe what steps exactly got you to that page, including the specific urls you clicked and where you found them.

See this thread for SMF Challenges over the years:

I don't see what you have quoted above when I click on the June 2016 thread, the June 2017, nor the June 2018 Challenges either, so I remain curious how that is happening when you click any of these links.

Does it happen with any of the other links at SMF that you click on?

Edited to add:

PS I do know that there is a link in Angie's signature when she posts that takes us to this link:

And I suspect that is where you are being taken. Perhaps you are inadvertently clicking on that link somewhere else on the page? But even if I view SMF when not logged in, I don't see a link for the account upgrades anywhere on the page, so I don't really know how that could be it either.

Last edited:

SoapSisters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok..this is what I'm talking about from the June Challenge thread:

Account upgrades
Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership (Annual)
$19.95/yr

• Increased self editing time.
Purchase
Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership (Monthly)
$3.99/mo

• Longer self editing time.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting SoapMaking Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community.
Purchase
Soapmaking Forum Supporting Membership (Lifetime)
$100.00
for 55 years

• Longer self editing time..
Purchase
SMF Vendor Membership
$29.95/mo

Purchase
SMF Banner/Vendor Membership
$59.00
for 1 month

• One 300 x 100 banner
Purchase

I am unable to view this...anyone else have this problem?
I also got this page when I clicked on the June Challenge thread. I can see all other threads as usual. I just gave up on that one. :(

KDP

Reaction score
I also got this page when I clicked on the June Challenge thread. I can see all other threads as usual. I just gave up on that one. :(
Thank you! Sorry you're having difficulties too but glad I'm not the only one. I was beginning to sound like I'd lost my mind.

SoapSisters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not losing your mind! I tried using your link and couldn't get in that way either.

Reactions: KDP

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried that link, and it is a post in a sub-forum for challenge hostesses. You wouldn't be able to access it. I didn't even think it was visible to anyone other than hostesses, admins and mods.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That thread is not open to the general membership. It is a discussion thread only visible to the Challenge Hostesses. So that explains why you can't access it.

The fact that you could even find the link to it is evidence that there is a problem with permissions within the thread itself. I am sure Angie will follow up as needed.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I don't see how she could even see that thread. Her permissions and all non-hostess or forum staff are marked no.

@KDP can you see it now, and where you logged in when you first saw that title of a thread?

Latest posts