Soap carvings - Flowers from blocks - what else to carve?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
About a year ago I was cutting some spots out of a bar and I looked down and saw that it looked like petals. I continued on a little with the tools on hand (small exacto knife) and had a little fun. I think some neat designs could be made if one had the talent and inclination. Here are some examples from the first 2-3 attempts (and only attempts) I made. This might be a good use for bars that are to be re-batched or if you are going to make a bag of cuttings (a wash scrubbie bag).

Don't judge too harshly, this was my first try and a better knife would help a lot!

carvings1.jpg

carvings2.jpg

carvings3.jpg

carvings4.jpg

Wow. In 6th grade art class we made "soap sculptures" which we carved out of like a bar of Ivory. Yours is much prettier! I definitely do not have the patience these days...

Beautiful! I ran across some videos on YouTube of people "soap sculpting" last week, and I was completely blown away by it. A definite good use of old or misshapen bars!

Back