Soap & Candle Making Projects

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Admin
Reaction score
Would love to see what you currently have active or plan to, post some details or better yet photos of your current/future project.

Working on my 2017 Spring Collection

Working on my Spring Collection. Made some cake soaps as well.

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3283.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

I'd love to have some of mine look like this too! I'm pretty new so still trying out swirls and tops to see what I like :) Are there any tutorials on this spcific top?

I have fallen back on basic olive oil and coconut, using HP. I have re-purposed my crockpot for this. Friends seem to like the simplicity and absence of perfume. I have been told that my soap cures all kinds of skin ailments, but we all know that it is just that absence of the twenty, or so, ingredients listed on commercial soaps.

I do not write much on the forum. I make soap for gifting and small selling. I have educated some of the goodness to handmade soap vs. Store bought. I make standard soaps nothing fancy colors as it takes away from health benefits. I have however made French clay soap for my adult girls. They love it. To buy in a store your looking at 6 - 12 dollars a bar. They figure moms is cheaper..lol

New Projects

I've been working on melt and pour lately. After spending so long making cp, this is really fun.

New Products

Hi everyone. I've been very absent lately, sorry. I've been working on new products for our line. We finally have a nice hair oil. I just need to get labels done. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Projects

Right now I primarily just make my own personal shaving soaps and occasionally will gift them to friends and family. Really hoping to learn more about scent creation/perfuming.

my recent soaping adventures

These are a couple pics of my early spring activities.
Here in Quebec, maple season is beginning, so I'm in maple sugar mode.:)

Thanks for the contact

I have been away from soaping for a long time, but I am interested in getting back into it so I will be catching up on the latest going on here!

Would love to see what you currently have active or plan to, post some details or better yet photos of your current/future project.

At this time I'm just in learning mode, and actually quite amazed as all the myriad of products, methods, and ingredients that are utilized, as well as how various people utilize this mix of art and science in producing products.

So, for the time being, I'm just lurking along and being inspired, but thanks for the nudge and the encouragement to make a post!

Kindest regards,

Bradley

Very nice! How come my textured tops look nothing like that?

Hi, just wait a few moments after putting all of your soap batter in the mold before texturing. It has to have the consistency of semi thick cream before you texture it. Take your time and learn how long it takes your recipe and/or scent to set up.

BeautyMixtress™
Luxurious Bath Boutique™

Very nice! How come my textured tops look nothing like that?

I'd love to have some of mine look like this too! I'm pretty new so still trying out swirls and tops to see what I like :) Are there any tutorials on this spcific top?

Yes! There are plenty of videos on YouTube but not sure if they are labeled to identify designing the tops of your soap. Search by textured tops.

I don't have any videos on YouTube yet, but I do broadcast making soap on Periscope. If you are on Periscope, search for Beauty Mixtress. I have a few accounts but select the one with 1200 followers. There you will find a list of my broadcasts. The ones that state Making Soap is the one you need.

BeautyMixtress™
Luxurious Bath Boutique™

Last edited by a moderator:
I am working on Sea Salt Soaps at the moment. My first one turned out great and now i like to make a new one Sea Salt with aktivated charcoal.

Kindly Regards
Alexandra

Hi Everyone, I've been off the forum for a long while because my (hot process) soaping business has picked up so much lately! I've been commissioned by a Thai Foot Reflexologist to create a range of soaps/balms/lotions/shampoos/toothpastes. She works mainly with cancer patients and is looking for a range of anti viral/anti bacterial/anti fungal and healing products. So far I've made a bar with goatsmilk and 4 thieves oil and neem and lavender. Having lots of fun creating!

What I am working on :)

I am working on serial new soaps and embarking on my first fundraiser! I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and nervous but excited! Below are some pics of my latest creations :)

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6935.jpg

IMG_6961.JPG

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_5217.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

Back