soap calc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louis

Reaction score
Dear Soapers,
Finally I don't know why I have to use soap calc.
I put in my percentages with a desired lye and water percentage of 25% and 75% respectively but soap calc shows me lye percentage of 16%. I'm confused. I need to know what this soap calc has to show me.

First you'll need to post your recipe and process so that we can better help you. Also, have you checked this out? Lots of great information. Soapy Stuff: Soapy Stuff

You only have to put your lye concentration in at 30-33%. Your oils/butters in percentage and a superfat, the calculator will do the rest of the work for you.

Thanks for your reply.
This is my recipe.
Lye 27%
Water 75%
Palm kernel oil 35%
Neem oil 35%
Shea butter 30%
Super fat 5%

This is what I have to put into the soap calc. Though I've got other additives like snail slime to add to the Soap.

Where are you getting your lye/water percentage? People tried to help you then as well. can you post a screenshot of what you're entering into the soap calculator. Not sure why you're adding snail slime but that would be added as a substitute for part of the water.

Dear Soapers,
Finally I don't know why I have to use soap calc.
I put in my percentages with a desired lye and water percentage of 25% and 75% respectively but soap calc shows me lye percentage of 16%. I'm confused. I need to know what this soap calc has to show me.

Hi Louis! If I understand you correctly, you are trying to do a ratio of 1 part lye to 3 parts water? If so, all you need to do is click on the circle next to the "Lye Concentration " box and type 25 into the box......or you can instead click on the circle next to the "Water:Lye Ratio" box and type 3:1 into the box. Either way works.

You'll also need to enter in 5% into the "Superfat" box.

You didn't mention the total weight of your oils, but that will need to be added into the "Weight of Oils Box". The default is set to 1 pound/500 grams, so if your amount is different, you'll need to change it.

This is how it should look with the necessary boxes filled in (only I don't know your oil weight, so I just kept the default weight):

1594750700698.png

Next, all you'll need to do is click on "Calculate Recipe" located on the bottom right, underneath the oil Totals, and then click on "View or Print Recipe". That will bring up this page, which shows you all the weight amounts of your ingredients in either pounds, grams or ounces:

1594750937886.png

IrishLass :)

Edited to add, you also need to click on the type of Lye you are using. You can also type in your fragrance if you are using any.

Back