Soap by the slab

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chay

Reaction score
Has anyone ever sold soap by the slab? I used to work with cement and I have quite a few stepping stone molds. And since every container I come across is mentally scrutinized as a possible soap mold, I started thinking about slabs of soap. Has anyone tried this?

I have used a lined cake pan in the past and then cut it up into wedges. Looked really neat but I found most of my customers wanted a bar shape that would fit in their hands better. The wedges looked more fun though! :D

Also sold full soap "towers" to be cut up later by the customer. Retailers liked this idea the most. They then cut the towers at the time of sale and sold it by the inch or grams.

Maybe you could apply this idea to a slab...but you would have to also give them a way to cut it effectively.

Indigo Wild sells their Zum GM bars at Whole Foods Market by the ounce. They have a display in the store and the customers can cut off whatever bar size they like using the provided wavy cutter.

I don't think any end user customers would buy a log because it's more fun to have several different varieties of soap, but obviously WFM thinks it's a good idea to buy by the log.

Latest posts

Back