Soap Brain/Things I Thought Were Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
I know we've all done this. You're looking at something: in the store, a picture online, etc. It's CLEARly soap. Oh, wait...nope...not soap at all. Here's mine for the day.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1461707070.041679.jpg

It's fudge. Yep, fricking fudge.

Naw. Yer joshin' us, Sage. Looks like soap ta me!

:mrgreen:

<<reads post then scrolls to photo>> Is that fudge? <<scrolls down to find out what it is>> No freaking way!! <<scrolls back up to photo>> How the heck did they do that? There's no way I'd eat that. It looks too much like soap to me. I'll be crapping bubbles, I just know it! Although, that orange swirly thing looks really good. I bet is an orange creamsicle kind of flavor. Nope. Nope. No way. It's soap. It's definitely soap.

Right?! No fudge that I'd wanna eat! There's clearly a beer soap in there, one with charcoal swirls on the top, they did a great job with paprika-infused oil on that bottom one.

There's a brown, pink and white soap I make and I can't tell you how many times people tell me it looks like fudge!

I've never seen fudge like that before so it just shocks me someone would think it looks like fudge!

And yes, those really do look like soap!

Oh yeah. Those are soaps. Have to be. No way they could be fudge lol

One time my aunt made fudge with Velveeta. Not lying.

It actually wasn't bad. Apparently the Velveeta is to give it a creamy texture. It was very creamy, but it had this weird aftertaste.

Fudge that was most definitelymade by a soaper!

Oh, for sure! I have developed a theory over the last 24 hours that if everyone on the forum knew that making fudge was like making soap except you could eat that soap, half the people would switch over to making fudge. The other half of us would realize that we don't need that much fudge in our house!

One time my aunt made fudge with Velveeta. Not lying.

It actually wasn't bad. Apparently the Velveeta is to give it a creamy texture. It was very creamy, but it had this weird aftertaste.

I had to look that up...apparently it's very popular. The first recipe that pops up is from Paula Deen, no surprise! It was probably developed when processed foods were getting big and Kraft was creating its empire. There are probably other ways of getting that creamy texture, but think of the shock value in telling someone there's velveeta cheese in that fudge! Priceless.

So funny! Sure looks like soap to me, too. I don't like fudge. It's too sweet for my tastes. Unless it's made with walnuts and unsweetened cocoa with exremely reduced sugar in the recipe. Then I can only eat maybe half a bar anyway, and have to wash it down with like, 2 tall glasses of milk to subdue the sweetness. Can you tell, I just don't like overly sweet stuff. Besides chocolate, which I do like in small doses, makes my skin unhappy.

Latest posts

Back