Soap bar to body bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GingeEco

Reaction score
Hi so pleased to have found this site.
I make soap bars from melt n pour but what do i add to make them shower bars ? Or do I need a different base?

I'm not sure how you're differentiating soap bars from shower bars. That said...
m&p bars can be used in the shower. Keep them on a well draining rack or soap lift so they dry out between uses. Keep out of direct spray in the shower when not in use.

I'm not sure how you're differentiating soap bars from shower bars. That said...
m&p bars can be used in the shower. Keep them on a well draining rack or soap lift so they dry out between uses. Keep out of direct spray in the shower when not in use.

Just wasn’t sure if I should add some moisturiser to body wash bars ? Or any extra foam for friends who are just swapping from liquid shower gel.

https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-...s/sunday-night-spotlight-melt-and-pour-bases/

This might be of some use to you in fonding the right one. I dont generally use melt and pour so probably someone better to ask but personally if it was me i would try find a sample pack that it looks like brambleberry sell or try a few different types til i found one i liked because as with most things everyone has a different opinion and taste so what suits one person you may hate. I would take a guess that something like a goats milk or aloe vera base would be a good place to start.

I
https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-...s/sunday-night-spotlight-melt-and-pour-bases/

This might be of some use to you in fonding the right one. I dont generally use melt and pour so probably someone better to ask but personally if it was me i would try find a sample pack that it looks like brambleberry sell or try a few different types til i found one i liked because as with most things everyone has a different opinion and taste so what suits one person you may hate. I would take a guess that something like a goats milk or aloe vera base would be a good place to start.
m ok with the difference between liquid gel shower and solid bars just wanted an easier transition for friends that had more foam and moisture

Melt and pour are ready to use as is. Some add a bit of extra oils or bitters but not much as it will affect the soap. I will tell you that it’s very difficult to get some of those who use liquid shower soap to switch to bar soap. Some will but many won’t.

Latest posts

Back