Soap Bar Deli-ma

Discussion in 'Other Crafts and DIY Projects' started by MissChris, Mar 9, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Mar 9, 2018 #1

MissChris

MissChris

MissChris

Pondering tonight...
    my brother came to me today, who i do not see often in another city. He brought me a surprise since i told him i was interested in making soap again. Turns out, ready for his.... its about 200 - 5 oz pretty decent bars of soft shea butter & or olive oil spa soap to be honest! He got it from them going out of biz for almost nothing he said. thought i might want to use them in my soap making.
    Wondering what i can do with it or incorporate it into any soap making I do, or can consider doing. what in the world am i going to do with them. lol any ideas

2. Mar 9, 2018 #2

artemis

artemis

artemis

Mostly Harmless

Confetti? Chunky embeds? Katie at Royalty Soaps took a bunch of shreds, formed them into balls, and used those as embeds recently. If no ideas come to mind, gift them to other people, maybe.

lisamaliga and MissChris like this.
  3. Mar 9, 2018 #3

MissChris

MissChris

MissChris

yea, already did think of that first thing. can not gift them out because they were stamped. I will create some cool things with them. Just can not decide. Is a good problem to have. haha.
    Thanks for answer though. Sure I will try some rebatching experiments with them or maybe with making soap dough experiment. That might be interesting, and also testing it after a year if it goes well. Thanks

4. Mar 9, 2018 #4

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

200 bars of soap is a lot! You could try melting it down and adding your own fragrance and/or color. I would try to melt all of them at once, though!