Soap Ash Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreciousSoaps

Reaction score
Has anyone have this happen to their soaps?

Last week I unmolded my CP soap and cleaned off the ash that I was on top with a wet cloth.

Now that another week has passed, I find that the ash has reappeared!! How can this happen?

Is there anything else that I can use to stop that ash?

Lyn said:
I am thinking he is here on holiday in australia at the moment so quick make soap before he decides to return home :0)

I did just that. Did my first divided loaf (a piece of cardboard lengthwise in the mold). Used Baby Powder FO and colored with pink and blue ultramarine. Sure hope it looks as good after it sets up as it does now (and that the ash monster stays away!).

Yes! The sweet cakes 'Apple Jack and Cinnamon' for me is trouble. I have cleaned it with alcohol maybe 4 times? and it ashes again within a couple of days.

I have made 2 batches with this FO and it does it on both, but I have never had it happen with any other batches (well not 4 times any way)

Some FOs just cause ash no matter what you do. I use the alcohol method and it works well most of the time, but Black Tea from BB will ash over and over again no matter how many times to clean it up and spray it.

I don't know how he has time to get to your house when he never leaves mine.
I've given up trying these days & keep telling myself "it looks good!! I like it". :lol:
Seriously ..I like ash...I do...

To answer your question though. I have cleaned soap ash off to discover it has reappeared.

Latest posts

Back