Soap art by From Grace to you

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't remember this person being showcased on the SMF before:

Brings new meaning to the phrase Soap Art, doesn't?

It's very apropos that I came across this because I have a picture from a recent hike we took on the cliffs by the ocean and wish I knew how to paint it! One day I may try to paint with soap!

I believe some of us posted a couple of her videos in the soap dough SMF challenge and in maybe one other thread around that same timeframe.

She is extremely talented and some of her soaps are listed on her website for sale as art, at artwork prices I might add. A couple of months ago one of her soaps was going for $300. It's no longer listed on her site, so I assume it sold.

Here is a link to her website: http://www.fromgracetoyou.com/

I believe some of us posted a couple of her videos in the soap dough SMF challenge and in maybe one other thread around that same timeframe.

She is extremely talented and some of her soaps are listed on her website for sale as art, at artwork prices I might add. A couple of months ago one of her soaps was going for $300. It's no longer listed on her site, so I assume it sold.

Here is a link to her website: http://www.fromgracetoyou.com/
It's still there... 67 ounces of soap for $300, entitled Letting Go.

I don't remember this person being showcased on the SMF before:

Brings new meaning to the phrase Soap Art, doesn't?

It's very apropos that I came across this because I have a picture from a recent hike we took on the cliffs by the ocean and wish I knew how to paint it! One day I may try to paint with soap!

I just want to share my story. My beautiful son passed away suddenly last July 2017. For some reason i turned to soaping and wanted to created a special soap to honour my boy. I'm from NZ and the sea on the west coast is very strong and powerful. The colour of the ocean is a deep blue/black. I was looking at making a granite or slate soap with these colours. I was obsessed. E n way just before my sons birthday Grace posted a video of a slate soap technique . I commented on her video how I loved her soaps and thanked her for sharing her technique. I also told her a little bit about my loss. To my unexpected joy, Grace offered to make a soap for my son. We had returned to the place he passed to bury some of his ashes and to plant a cherry blossom tree in his memory on his birthday. That evening, my grandson came in and said 'Nan Grace has uploaded a video for Rob'
I felt it was a Gift from my son . Words can't describe
the gratitude and love the gift meant to me.
Grace also sent me the whole batch of soap.
I'm not sure how to share the soap video. Maybe someone else can. i know it's not got e n thing to do with the challenge but i had to acknowledge Grace when i saw this thread. It's on Youtube called Marble Memorial.

itchyandscratchy, Here is the video. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear son. Please take care of yourself. I will be thinking of you, Robert and his family today.

itchyandscratchy, I am so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful memorial, and so kind of Grace to send this to you. I hope you have found a way to take comfort in his memory. You and your family are in my thoughts.

itchyandscratchy, Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your son. That was a beautiful gesture from Grace. But not surprising. She is a wonderful human being and I have messaged with her many times and admire her imaginative techniques. As a mother of 3 sons I shed tears when I read this. There are wonderful people in the soaping world and some not so much but if it is even possible, I have so much more love for Grace from reading this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Back