So where do you get best price lye online

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
Hi all so I am running low on Lye and need get more so I can soap more. I purchased current lye from aaa but looking for other options. Thinking about essential depo due to s&h would be low in same state as me. Thoughts?

If you want to buy 50# look for chemical companies in your phone book. It was 60 cents a pound here and no shipping cost.

I've have great luck with Essentials Depot. They run frequent sales and offer discount if you leave a review for their products.

Hi all so I am running low on Lye and need get more so I can soap more. I purchased current lye from aaa but looking for other options. Thinking about essential depo due to s&h would be low in same state as me. Thoughts?

I normally get mine from the Lye Guy online.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I've have great luck with Essentials Depot. They run frequent sales and offer discount if you leave a review for their products.

Same with me, theath2010. I tried to find locally, then regionally (within a reasonable distance) - no luck. So I went with Essential Depot. Excellent service and love that the beaded lye is in a thick plastic bottle for easy pouring. I know that some companies sell lye in bags but I would have it all over the place and on me. Literally; I am messy. These bottles may be more expensive (including shipping) but are easy to handle and store.

Update: Jennikate, I see you are in Florida. Essential Depot is in Florida. Maybe down the street from you. Check them out and you might be able to drive there and save on shipping. Lucky, lucky you! Here is their website link: http://www.essentialdepot.com/

Last edited:
Yep, Essential Depot. A few weeks ago I caught a sale.....32 lbs. of lye for $33.33. Plus got 20% discount on shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Thanks all yeah think I'm gonna order from them They are not close to me would be all day round trip. LOl I don't want 50 lb bag I don't soap enough make it cost effective my children would be inheriting it. LOL It took me about two years get thru the 2 lb bottle I have. Again thanks for feedback.

Safe to add to homemade Laundry soap?

I made a powdered laundry soap using Zote, Fels Naptha, Borax, Super Washing Soda, Baking Soda, and Oxi-Clean. I am wondering if it would be safe to add Lye in to the mix to make it "stronger" and more effective? Thank you!:problem:

I get mine from ED.Just bought 36lbs. But for more than that I would say probably a chemical company

Just bought from the Lye Guy, buy 5 2lb bottles get the sixth free. Fast shipping and a good price.

I'm in the northeast and usually get mine from the Lye Guy, too. I just checked, and for me to get it from ED, it would be $36 for 10 lbs. with free shipping,and from the Lye Guy, it's $38.64 for 12 lbs. with shipping added.

Essential Depot. Shipping is often same-day, prices are great, and their lye has never been a static problem for me. Yup on the sales and shipping discounts. It's also fun to try some of their sale EOs in small sale quantities.

Back