So many turtles!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
The beaver pond in our backyard is high this year due to a heavy, snowy winter and lots of spring rain. So the turtles in the pond seem to be piling atop smaller and smaller floating logs, for a bit of private real estate of their own. I counted nine in one photo.

Here are two, in an attempt at an artistic shot with treetops reflecting in the water:

TwoTurts.jpg

and here are the nine turtles:

NineTurtles.jpg

I think I love photographing the pond more than I love soapmaking! (and that's a lot)

Did you know turtles in Japan (and maybe other countries) use turtles for signs of good health, long life?? I used to work with a woman from Nagano, and she knew how much I loved to sculpt turtles and she shared that with me....which made me love them even more! Thanks for sharing the pics! k

Great pics Woodi. The first one almost looks like a painting. Or like something someone would want to paint.

Laurie

Turtles are cool. After rains my husband & I are consisitanly jumping out of our cars and stopping traffic to help turtles across roads. We stopped 9 times one day last spring on the way to breakfast. Kind of a hobby I guess :D .

Nice to know there are so many turtle lovers here!

I suppose some countries harvest turtles for food. :(

I plan to phososhop some of these pics to hang on my walls. I love to decorate with nature photos.

Woodi said:
The beaver pond in our backyard is high this year due to a heavy, snowy winter and lots of spring rain.
It sounds like you live in a wonderful place. I'm so envious! I plan to move away from big, bad Los Angeles in 2-4 years and relocate to a prettier place where I plan to have a koi pond in my back yard. It would be nice to have turtles too as long as they don't eat the koi. :) Oh, and frogs!!! 8)

Martin said:
Trust me. The turtles will eat the Koi.

Sonja
I guess I'll have to scrap that plan then. :( Oh well I like frogs too, and if the koi eat the frogs, well... too bad. :) If they're good enough for French people then they're good enough for my precious koi. :)

And I do trust you Sonja. You're my secret weapon against soap stuck in ABS pipes! ;)

awww lil turtles!! I love those shots, soo beautiful woodi!!

Latest posts

Back