So Mad at Myself!!!! Lots & Lots of Lather.....Wild Goose Chase!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarice

We are one...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About six weeks ago I made a batch of soap called: Lots and Lots of Lather. I made a point of writing the title of the recipe with the soap on a sticky note saying when i made it. I got the recipe from a book or from the web. I tried it today, and it is LOVELY. Hard bar, excellent silky creamy bubbles, great slip.

The problem? I cannot find the recipe again - and for some reason I did not save it properly from SoapCalc.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I googled the name and came up with SoapQueen's recipe - but pretty sure that was too advanced (too many oils) for me at that point in my career!

I will be feverishly paging through all my books and double searching the internet as well - but if this name sounds like something you have seen can you let me know?

I'd hate to end up like a fisherman with "the one that got away" for the rest of my soaping days - AND I know I deserve it for being such a goof!

ARGH. And Thank you! Clarice

I think the Modern Soapmaking site might have a soap titled similar to that. I'll see if I can find the one I'm thinking of.

That is disturbing LOL I have texture issues and that looks gross....I think I'll skip that DIY project.

After a quick perusal, I'm thinking it wasn't modern soapmaking. I'll look through my bookmarks later to see if anything looks similar.

@midnightsoaper - thank you so much for helping me with this! I should send you a bar to see what you think too! PM me if you would like a goodie box!

@penelopejane

I know I know! I just finished the book Scientific Soapmaking by Kevin Dunn and I have adopted his journal technique. NEVER AGAIN!

Fool myself once, shame on me, Fool myself twice, no wait, how did that go?

LOL

Cant help you with finding the recipe you used but i can recommend this as a great bar of soap but not as a shampoo bar like is suggested. Got it from soap queen site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305-220200_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305-220200_Chrome.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 26
Sorry, I not sure about that one... but I thought I'd pass along my way to save recipes... Evernote. It's free and saves to the cloud (so I can access it from my phone & my pc). Chrome has an extension so that I can save directly from SoapCalc and then edit the recipe, add comments, and save pictures.

Lots of lather was the name of the recipe they gave?

It only turned up Soap queen like you said, but I don't see it having too many oils, just the basic.

Lots of Lather
(my most favorite, tried and true, teach this in every class, really, really hard soap bar)
16 oz. Coconut Oil
16 oz. Palm Oil
16 oz. Olive Oil
2 oz. Castor Oil
16.5 oz. water
7.3 oz. lye
Recommend 3% superfat for best bubbles

But if this isn't the one then so far nothing else is turning up, sorry.

@Dawni - I think you might be right! I peeked at that recipe today in my panic - I could have sworn there were about a dozen oils listed! I just went back to check again given your list above and LOL - she lists multiple recipes on that page one below the other - and I kept reading without appreciating they were separate recipes and i KNEW I had not added all the others (jojoba, hemp, avocado, and on and on!)

I maybe had a teeny bit too much coffee - and i was in full panic mode and clearly not reading or thinking straight! LOL - thank you for solving this mystery! on my sticky note I did write that I added kaolin clay as that was touted as "lather-licious" so I think I have it now!

Thank you ALL for all your great suggestions and your thoughtfulness!

I love the idea of Evernote @snappyllama

Thank you for the recipie @Chris_S

@Jeboz - you also figured out that there were multiple recipes on that page! Thank you for that

and @midnightsoaper - thank you - you rock - i so appreciate your reaching out so quickly to a clearly "on the ledge" soaper!

All the best to you all! Clarice

I really hope that's the one since it worked for you. Don't forget to run it again in the calc :)

@Donee' - RAMMSTEIN! Yes - I think he needs to write the MOH (Mass Oil Hysteria) song!

@msunnerstood - i agree - i LOVE the SMF calculator! Ever since I have started using it I have a great archive. One thing I have learned is that when I am tweaking a recipe and want to save it as a new formula, you have to hit save, and not update - or it overwrites the first recipe!

Thanks much!

On to Lather-Licious Land!

@Misschief I unfortunately have my history set to delete every 5 days to limit clogging.......so, no!

However - I am pretty sure @Dawni solved this for me - by pointing out that there were multiple recipes (not one looooooong) recipe on that SoapQueen page!

I am going to re-make her "lots of lather" bar with added kaolin and see if I get the same results - AFTER I put it into SMF calc and save that puppy!

Thanks!

You get all the later due to the higher CO in it. That could be drying for many too.
so keep that ion mind.

I'm still playing with a few recipes and trying to make the PKO less enough for bubbles and hardness but not as drying. This Winter here has been the worst for dryness I ever remember

Latest posts

Back