So I ruined another batch of goat milk lye this time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammy sue starks

Reaction score
but at least I hadn't added it to my oils yet. They are patiently waiting for my new lye solution. When I realized that once again I had managed to measure out all of the liquid as frozen goat milk and was slowly adding lye. It started sticking to the pan really bad when I realized what I had done yet again so I threw it down the utility tub drain (it was getting clogged so I guess I only wasted goat milk?) Here is my question
If I am adding full lye to half of the water, why am I freezing my goat milk? I think I managed to get a few details from several members and mix them up. I cut my huckleberry goat milk soap last night and the chunks of lye were huge. Don't want to do that again

Oh no! :eek:

Yep.....no need to freeze your goat milk if you are dissolving all your lye into an equal weight of water and then using the balance as goat milk. I never freeze mine. I just use it fresh from the carton and add it to my oils, and then I add in the lye solution.

IrishLass :)

Oh no! :eek:

Yep.....no need to freeze your goat milk if you are dissolving all your lye into an equal weight of water and then using the balance as goat milk. I never freeze mine. I just use it fresh from the carton and add it to my oils, and then I add in the lye solution.

IrishLass :)
well at least I caught myself and cleaned my drain at the same time lol. So to recap, all of the frozen milk cubes I can let thaw before using when I do it that way correct?

This batch is much better, I do want it to gel but not super hot so it is on my counter heating up. The minute it does it is going in the freezer

My lovely soap gone to hell in a handbasket!

Attachments

• WIN_20200620_16_26_50_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200620_16_26_50_Pro.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 26
This batch is much better, I do want it to gel but not super hot so it is on my counter heating up. The minute it does it is going in the freezer

My lovely soap gone to hell in a handbasket!
How can you tell that it’s gelled by looking at it? About to make my first GM soap and I want it to gel, but not burn.

Back