So I did something crazy yesterday..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, @Nanooo48 , I am so very sorry to hear of your family's pain and loss. It is a terrible tragedy. I am glad that you found some outlet with your soap making. I wish I was close enough to hug you.

B9BED77D-CD83-4A71-84E0-E625811D7FCC.jpeg
768BCEAA-8DFC-4072-A911-667B2FC102CA.jpeg
Hi guys thank you all for your loving support for a perfect stranger in this crafty soap world of ours.. I just wanted to update you on the situation and share with you the cuts I cut.
I am in Arizona now. I took the soonest flight I could and took an unpaid leave of absence from work to be with my sister. She ended up having an 11 hour life saving surgery. Longest 11 hour wait of my life.... the placenta grew like cancer in her body. Through the uterus and through her bladder in 3 different places. The condition is called placenta Acreta. And it was one of the worst cases the trauma surgeon has ever seen. The only other two worst one he’s seen was where he was performing cpr on the the other two patients.. I’m so thankful it didn’t result in that with her.. she needed many transfusions due to hemmoraghing and there was just so much involved but all in all Iris Rayne lost her life to save her mommy and as sad as we all are to go through this again we couldn’t be more grateful to still have my sister here and with us still. I’m so grateful to be here staying with her in the hospital right now... I wouldn’t be anywhere else. Thank you all for your prayers. I truly believe it aided in getting her out of that operating room alive. She has a long road to recovery. Physically and emotionally...
here are the soap cuts. I had a few friends stopping by to check on me before I headed out and they were on my table and well of course they were winos or know one and fell in love with them so they are already a hit. They are cute. And smell great too. Gotta love B.B. and the cork can be easily popped out when the soap wants to be used if pulled against the angle it’s sitting at. So it’ll be fine in that aspect. Or cute for decoration as I know so many just want it as decoration .

View attachment 32296 View attachment 32297 Hi guys thank you all for your loving support for a perfect stranger in this crafty soap world of ours.. I just wanted to update you on the situation and share with you the cuts I cut.
I am in Arizona now. I took the soonest flight I could and took an unpaid leave of absence from work to be with my sister. She ended up having an 11 hour life saving surgery. Longest 11 hour wait of my life.... the placenta grew like cancer in her body. Through the uterus and through her bladder in 3 different places. The condition is called placenta Acreta. And it was one of the worst cases the trauma surgeon has ever seen. The only other two worst one he’s seen was where he was performing cpr on the the other two patients.. I’m so thankful it didn’t result in that with her.. she needed many transfusions due to hemmoraghing and there was just so much involved but all in all Iris Rayne lost her life to save her mommy and as sad as we all are to go through this again we couldn’t be more grateful to still have my sister here and with us still. I’m so grateful to be here staying with her in the hospital right now... I wouldn’t be anywhere else. Thank you all for your prayers. I truly believe it aided in getting her out of that operating room alive. She has a long road to recovery. Physically and emotionally...
here are the soap cuts. I had a few friends stopping by to check on me before I headed out and they were on my table and well of course they were winos or know one and fell in love with them so they are already a hit. They are cute. And smell great too. Gotta love B.B. and the cork can be easily popped out when the soap wants to be used if pulled against the angle it’s sitting at. So it’ll be fine in that aspect. Or cute for decoration as I know so many just want it as decoration .
Thankyou for the update. I had a friend that went through the same problems many many years ago, but no where as severe as your sis. Prayers certainly do help.

The color turned out really pretty and a perfect wine soap color. th (8).jpg

Yesterday my sister lost her baby. ... It’s been soul crushing.
My sister carried twins for 6 months before she lost them. "Soul crushing" is a good description. I was several states away when it happened too. I cried at first and teared up for days after it happened and feel the sadness in my throat even now. It's something I don't think you ever get over.
I’ve just never made sense of talking to strangers about my problems? ... In fact I’m not even sure who I’m writing to right now and it’s a little weird but I just feel like my heart is throbbing out of my body and I have nowhere for these words to go right now.
Good for you for trusting us enough to be able to just tell it like it is. I'm glad you did and I hope you're glad as well. <BIG hug>
I tried to put my heart and ALL my mind into it for the time being.
Good for you. Literally. Been there; done that. Soap making is a wonderful escape from the real world -- and who doesn't need that from time to time?
So tell me. Would you gasp in horror at this soap? Or think as a wino ohhh how cute and grab this up. Lol cuz I think it was cute haha.
Those soaps are the best wine soaps I've ever seen! Real corkers! Well done!

My sister is hanging in there, and I wanted to thank everyone for their kind heartfelt support through a very hard time.. she is healing body, mind and soul as much as time allows.. Time is that tricky ingredient to healing though. As frustrating as it is.. It’s going to take time. Here’s the finished wine soap. I will be posting another soap I’m a bit perplexed about soon. Lol
CDAD730C-02B2-4627-9B37-BC3C3CDD8CBE.jpeg

I am so sorry for all your sister and you as her family has gone through. Thank you for sharing with all here, prayers for healing from me.

I really love your soaps, super fun, I know a wine maker who would just love these.

I am so sorry for all your sister and you as her family has gone through. Thank you for sharing with all here, prayers for healing from me.

I really love your soaps, super fun, I know a wine maker who would just love these.
Thank you so much..

Praying for your family and losses.

The soap is fabulous! I would have grabbed them right away (being a sot) and sniffed. I have seen wine cork shaped *candles* that would have been fun, too. In fact, I have added birthday candles to soap cupcakes, to complete the "look" . I think it was a great visual cue (along with the color) to hint at the scent / theme.

Take care of yourself, and your family, and remember that "coping" can involve soap, and creativity, and crafting of all kinds!

--Honey Lady--

Your soap is beautiful and so creative. Very well done.

And I'm sorry for your family's heartbreaking loss. I've always thought it unfair that in the English language we have words for children who lose parents (orphans) and spouses who lose their partners (widows/widowers) but there are no words (literally) for parents who are bereaved of their children. Worst pain imaginable. And hardly ever discussed, which makes it worse.

I have been there myself. I will certainly pray for continued healing for you and for your sister.

I haven't been on for awhile and I just saw your post. I'm sorry to hear about your sister and your family's loss. I went thru a similar experience with a close friend years ago. I pray that your heartaches will be rewarded with a healthy little one in the future. Putting corks in a wine soap was genius! I never would've thought of that either.

Your soap is beautiful. Your sister is healing. Your niece is in heaven. As someone who has lost a spouse, and a baby brother, I cannot understand why we lose the ones we love. There are no words that console, at least for me none ever did. When my baby brother drowned, it was years before my mother and father were able to speak of him without crying. In fact it was years before my brothers and I could, too. We miss them forever. I cannot fathom the loss of a child and hope I never have to. I am so sorry for your sister, but I am glad you were able to be with her through much of her life threatening ordeal and help her and her family through some of the grieving.

Latest posts

Back