So happy!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, soap-peeps! I'm so happy with this soap! Not bragging -- just relieving you know after the usual angst that comes between pouring and cutting. I was inspired by a post of @lucycat for a white and ultramarine blue swirl action. @KiwiMoose suggested a 75/25 split. I weighed to the gram for a 75/25 and ended up with soooo much more accent color (blue) and thought I under-did the accent (leftovers not photographed). But now it looks like a 50/50 split.

Also, I really like the scent, which I did NOT like during pouring. Credit to Find Free Essential Oil Blends - Modern Soapmaking, it is lavender/rosemary/spearmint essential oil blend. Last night I could only smell spearmint which I dislike. Tonight it smells great and Mrs. Zing decided it was her second favorite blend (she's a sucker for lavender. I just don't get it but lubs her mucho).

Attachments

• 20210825_205409.jpg
    20210825_205409.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210825_205434.jpg
    20210825_205434.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210825_210547.jpg
    20210825_210547.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210825_210557.jpg
    20210825_210557.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 64
Gasp!! I think this is my favorite Zing soap of all time!! Incredible wispy swirl action, beautiful color balance, and (I take your word for it) amazing scent. I would echo Kiwi's request for instructions but am fully aware that it would be futile for me to try. That's ok, I'll just enjoy yours. Well done!!

Weren't no trouble a'tall. My batter was emulstion/thin trace. I poured a layer of white. I poured a stream of blue down the left side followed by white to keep the blue in its place, and then over the blue streak. Then a stream of blue down the middle with white on either side, then another layer of white. Then a stream of blue on the right side with white on both sides and a layer of white. Then a stream o' blue all over creation. I plunged the hanger up 'n' down and figure 8 side-to-side -- basically an Ione (that's lone to kiwis) without the circling action. Thanks fer lookin' and commenting!!

Last edited:
Weren't no trouble a'tall. My batter was emulstion/thin trace. I poured a layer of white. I poured a stream of blue down the left side followed by white to keep the blue in its place, and then over the blue streak. Then a stream of blue down the middle with white on either side, then another layer of white. Then a stream of blue on the right side with white on both sides and a layer of white. Then a stream o' blue all over creation. I plunged the hanger up 'n' down and figure 8 side-to-side -- basically an Ione (that's lone to kiwis) without the circling action. Thanks fer lookin' and commenting!!
The Lone Ione?

Hey, soap-peeps! I'm so happy with this soap! Not bragging -- just relieving you know after the usual angst that comes between pouring and cutting. I was inspired by a post of @lucycat for a white and ultramarine blue swirl action. @KiwiMoose suggested a 75/25 split. I weighed to the gram for a 75/25 and ended up with soooo much more accent color (blue) and thought I under-did the accent (leftovers not photographed). But now it looks like a 50/50 split.

Also, I really like the scent, which I did NOT like during pouring. Credit to Find Free Essential Oil Blends - Modern Soapmaking, it is lavender/rosemary/spearmint essential oil blend. Last night I could only smell spearmint which I dislike. Tonight it smells great and Mrs. Zing decided it was her second favorite blend (she's a sucker for lavender. I just don't get it but lubs her mucho).
soooo purdy!

Latest posts

Back