So happy to find you guys!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaBoBisa

Reaction score
I've been reading threads here for months, finally joined this month. So happy to join the SMF family. I'm a sculptor and graphic designer who loves chemistry, so of course I've taken to CP & HP soapmaking like a facehugger. Really grateful for all of your shared knowledge! I've learned so much from you already, and looking forward to learning a whole lot more from you.

Oh my goodness, thank you guys! (I'm a little starstruck right now... been reading your posts for months.)

@Ugeauxgirl Here's my HP soap drying rack right now... just little batches.

Back to front left side: activated charcoal/tea tree/peppermint eo soaps with rice bran oil superfat, French Lavender & Alkanet Root soaps (3% cocoa butter superfat, some with alkanet-infused oil as 20% of the recipe, some 10% of the recipe... I think I want the color to be in between those shades, so I'll do 15% next time!).

Middle front: Texas Pink bars (madder root, milk, and grapefruit eo, lard superfat)

Right side back to front: Lactoveg fragrance free OMH bars, vegan fragrance free beer bars for dad (IPA as 100% of the liquid, 3% cocoa butter superfat), and Baby Bee bars (fragrance free, 5% home-rendered tallow superfat, colored with carrot puree and honey)

...and a random stick of homemade chapstick that thinks it's a soap!

2022-01-12 19.39.23-1 Hot Proces Drying Rack.jpg

The CP soaps, gloopy M&P attempt, and random leftover bars from other batches are stuffed in other random spots around my tiny student apartment!

Hi @LisaBoBisa ! I love the assortment of happy yet not pushy colours in all of their HP waxiness. I don't even object to the order on your curing rack (rainbow OCD 🙄😂).
The “Texas bars” would entirely qualify for the meat soap challenge (tongue in cheek) as genuine Bologna sausage, doubly so with the extra lard addition ;). What is Texan about them?

They REALLY do look like sausage! I got a lot of comments on that from friends... so glad to hear there's a thread for this.
Re: Texas--a lot of pink grapefruit in the US are grown in Texas, so the boxes always say Texas Pink or Texas Red on the side. We used to get a box of Texas Pinks for Christmas every year, so they were kind of a Christmas soap for family.

Last edited:
@ResolvableOwl BTW--speaking of Rainbow OCD, was just working my way through the "What soapy thing have you done today" and saw your red and orange experiments. Have you tried Himalayan Rhubarb yet for red? I don't know how it would look if you mixed the powder into soap dough, though! I infused Himalayan Rhubarb into the olive oil for 45% of this recipe. It's gold colored as long as things are acidic/neutral, but turns this brilliant red as soon as the lye's added--if you know why ph changes the color so dramatically, I'm all ears! it'll be done curing in a couple weeks so I can find out if the color affects lather. (fyi, I ordered mine from The Yarn Tree on Etsy)

IMG_0577_20211219_202230 Black Currant Cupcake Pour Himalayan Rhubarb.jpg

Last edited:
I've been reading threads here for months, finally joined this month. So happy to join the SMF family. I'm a sculptor and graphic designer who loves chemistry, so of course I've taken to CP & HP soapmaking like a facehugger. Really grateful for all of your shared knowledge! I've learned so much from you already, and looking forward to learning a whole lot more from you.
Welcome!

Latest posts

Back