So fed up with my soaps...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks!!

I chased away the gremlins!!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1459249742.743061.jpg

Thanks! I don't mind how it looks, I think it's just because it was supposed to be very different.

Ah yes, you see it in your mind's eye, and then it ends up looking nothing like that, I know what you mean, only too well. But even if they're not what you'd hoped for, they're pretty enough so that you don't need to do something drastic to save them, like shred them, or make embeds. They're soaps anyone would be proud of. :)

I find that using a stick blender brings soap to trace so fast...35 years ago I used a wooden stick, it sometimes took a couple of hours! I have been using the stick blender for just a few seconds, then manually stirring. It keeps the soap much thinner & pouring is much better. When I was almost to trace with the stick blender for 20 to 30 seconds, I too was plopping my soap into the molds!

I find that using a stick blender brings soap to trace so fast...35 years ago I used a wooden stick, it sometimes took a couple of hours! I have been using the stick blender for just a few seconds, then manually stirring. It keeps the soap much thinner & pouring is much better. When I was almost to trace with the stick blender for 20 to 30 seconds, I too was plopping my soap into the molds!

Yeah I only use mine in quick bursts too but on this occasion after reaching a nice emulsion my brain was like 'just another few bursts!'

Back