Snowy Mountain

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After several months helping my mother recover from a heart attack and several cardiac procedures, I finally got a chance to make some soap this weekend. What a joy! This is it, freshly cut. I'm calling it Snowy Mountain. It's scented with Crackling Birch (wonderful!). It's only the 5th soap I've made and I'm quite pleased with how it came out, though I'm hopeful the greenish tints will turn a little more blue as it cures.

Attachments

• Snowy Mountain soap.jpg
    Snowy Mountain soap.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
After several months helping my mother recover from a heart attack and several cardiac procedures, I finally got a chance to make some soap this weekend. What a joy! This is it, freshly cut. I'm calling it Snowy Mountain. It's scented with Crackling Birch (wonderful!). It's only the 5th soap I've made and I'm quite pleased with how it came out, though I'm hopeful the greenish tints will turn a little more blue as it cures.
Lovely

THAT'S ONLY YOUR 5TH BATCH??!! Wowza!

So I know how you made the bottom green layer. But how did you make the mountain and sky? I've made mountains before but with just one color stirred to a thick trace -- but your mountain looks like an in the pot swirl. Curious minds want to know these things!

@River that soap is amazing! 😍 I also love Cracklin' Birch and almost smell yours through the screen. Praying your mom continues to mend, and that you take good care of yourself, too.
Thank you so very much! I'll pass on your good wishes to her and know she'll be touched by your kindness.

So I know how you made the bottom green layer. But how did you make the mountain and sky? I've made mountains before but with just one color stirred to a thick trace -- but your mountain looks like an in the pot swirl. Curious minds want to know these things!
Yes, Zing. The mountain is an in the pot swirl poured at light trace, then gently shaped upward at medium trace. The sky was an attempted Ombre that didn't come out quite as hoped, but I love the results, anyway.

These are really pretty!

Latest posts

Back