Snowflake Molds?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
I am looking for a snowflake mold that is the shape of a snowflake, rather than a round with a snowflake on the top. This is would probably be hard to soap/unmold, but I have a lady who would really like something like this and would like to be able to at least try.

TIA! :D

love me some flexi molds...She has great prices and has discounts all the time..Sign up for her newsletter for extra savings...

Thanks! Those might work, but are a little small still. I am looking for guest size, but maybe not quite that small.

Just a suggestion....if you have something you can use as a slab mold, pour your soap about 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch deep. When the soap has set, but while it is still soft enough to work with, use cookie cutters to cut out your snowflakes. It's kind of a PIA, but I've used this method successfully. Cookie cutters come in all shapes & sizes & it's easier for me than trying to use a mold. Just make sure you use plastic, not aluminum cutters. Don't know about copper...seems like that would be a no-no, too.

hestia said:
Just make sure you use plastic, not aluminum cutters. Don't know about copper...seems like that would be a no-no, too.

Not to sound stupid, but well... ok, its a blonde thing - why not aluminum? Could you use aluminum and/or copper on cphp?

Sunkawakan said:
hestia said:
Just make sure you use plastic, not aluminum cutters. Don't know about copper...seems like that would be a no-no, too.

Not to sound stupid, but well... ok, its a blonde thing - why not aluminum? Could you use aluminum and/or copper on cphp?

The lye loves to destroy aluminum and will eat through it and also probably the copper. Not sure on cphp.

I am almost sure I saw some silicone ones on the baking isle at walmart.

Latest posts

Back