Snow Witch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't posted a picture in some time so thought I'd put up these.

I finally tried Mad Oils' Snow Witch FO and really like it. I was trying for a look like a white and silver dress; unfortunately, without our friend the Sun shining on it, you can't really see the sparkle from the mica I used, which reminded me of a new snowfall, if somewhat grayer. I was happy the pour came out although a couple of the bars have a blockier look in the middle. After a few batches of misses, I was relieved when I cut this!

witch.jpg

witch2.jpg

Those are fantastic! The middle part definitely reminds me of a fancy Oscar-type long-flowing dress, flanked by beautiful swirls.

Thanks! I was happy it turned out to look like a dress, which was what I was shooting for. I have these out on my counter and every time I walk into the kitchen, I catch the fragrance. I really really like it.

No, it's not high/low water. I used TD for half and it makes the batter more opaque. I used Snowflake Sparkle mica in the other half but the flakes are so large that it really gives no opacity but leaves it more like uncolored batter but with sparkle, if you use enough. It gives the batter a slightly silver sheen which is difficult to see in these pics, but leaves the translucency and the contrast is nice.

Thanks for the nice words! I may use this pour for the challenge I have to do next, but not as the technique, just as my version of what I have in mind.

Not the gradient challenge, Carabou. Straight lines are required for that! I'm tossing around ideas in my head for the next challenge I have to do. This might be usable to get a glacier soap though, don't you think?

Latest posts

Back